Is it fall yet?

  • rjsharette@prodigy.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 14, 2003
      Hello A Cappellists,

      Sorry to write twice in one week, but I want to get this word out early so you can alert your vocal groups, your friends and anyone else that wants to consider Bolder A Cappella as a fall venue for their singing group.

      We are having a very successful experience at Redfish. Audiences are building; groups are improving and Steve Shenk, the owner is even investing on our behalf. In the sound department, new mixers and monitors have been installed, updating the old system -- and more improvements are coming. Cheyenne Thorne, the sound techy, is supervising the new installation and those of you hesitant to lug your own sound or wanting to tap into the room-tuned heavy stuff can breathe easier. By fall we'll also see some stage improvements -- maybe a new backdrop and some better lights.

      Meanwhile, the great groups we've had singing in our Bolder A Cappella series have encouraged a lot of a cappella fans to come out and make this all possible. I have about 20 groups on our roster who have performed there and we want to keep them coming back. On the other hand, we need to keep finding new groups to broaden the a cappella scene in Metro Denver. I'm also working on a couple of added venues to offer more opportunities for our groups to perform regularly. And that's what this message is about.

      Our last series show on June 30 featured a great group of guys who came down from Fort Collins to have the Redfish experience -- and I think they brought 25% of Fort Collins with them. In a crowded music room, when "Curious Gage" asked who was there from Boulder, only four hands went up! That means the word is getting out.

      If your group -- or a group you know -- would like to sing this fall (September - November) at Redfish, send me an email soon. I am about to announce the actual dates to the 12-15 I know want to return, and I believe once I do, the six dates will get filled rapidly. Don't wait until it's too late to get on our list. We want to feature groups we haven't heard of as much as possible, so write back before August 1st with your request and/or questions.

      We want the opportunity out there for all qualified groups to participate. I've attached an info sheet pdf with most of the performance details. Look it over or share it with prospective groups. Let's keep this thing growing.

      Rol Sharette, program director, CVJS
      Colorado Vocal Jazz Society
      www.cvjs.org
      Colorado Co-Ambassador, CASA
      Contemporary A Cappella Society
      "What's the difference between a Wagnerian soprano and a baby elephant?"
      -- About eleven pounds.