Sing-a-longs

  • Kevin
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 19, 2001
      So, is there any sort of group or association here in town, in which,
      people who share a common love for Acapella music can just sit around
      and sing? Why not get 10 or 15 people, some sheet music, some coffee
      or juice, and some good old singing.
      If there isn't a "club" like this, who wants to start one????
    • Roland Sharette
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 20, 2001
        Hey Kevin,

        Sorry we haven't gotten back to you. It's a bit of a scramble this week, but
        let me try to help you out.

        As far as lonely hearts club guys coming to Harmony Sweeps, I think you'd
        still have a great time, and after having indulged yourself (and lost date)
        with $17 tickets, there should be someone out there who would take one off
        your hands rather than stand in the rush that always occurs at the box
        office.

        We'll (CVJS/CASA-Colorado) have a table in the lobby with hand outs and CDs
        at which we would love to have some help, so let us know if you want to get
        there a little early and join Patrick Bradford and me in greeting folks and
        handling info. Who knows, you could meet a prospective date and start a
        whole new a cappella thing right on the spot. <g>

        As far as the sing-along idea, the best group I know for that sort of thing
        in the Denver area is the "Last Note Singers" who focus on spring summer
        events and have greeaat singing parties! Contact Ray Podjasek at
        mailto:rpodjasek@... for more info. They're sort of south Denver
        oriented.

        Good luck, Kevin,

        Rol Sharette, program director, CVJS