WINTER BOLDER A CAPPELLA

  • rjsharette@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 12, 2002
      Hello a cappellists,

      It's time to make your plans for our Redfish winter series, which plays on Mondays, January 13 and 27, Feb 10 and 24 and March 10 and 24. Your group might enjoy a spot on the Boulder A Cappella schedule for the dates that are still unbooked -- and there are only two dates presently available: January 13 and February 11. We would love to know about your group and include you in a date at the warm and friendly Redfish Brewhouse in Boulder.

      We're especially interested in three styles of groups not currently on this winter's schedule. We have yet to schedule a Doo-Wop group or a Gospel group. I'm sure a cappella fans would love to come and hear those. We also usually have a Barbershop quartet on the series; or how about a Sweet Adelines group this time around. There are some great ones out there. Dates will be committed partly on the basis of assuring a wide range of styles.

      The same arrangement as this past fall will be in place for 2003-winter: One group for each date, 50 minute shows at 7:30 and 9pm, $200 with your sound or $150 with house sound (due to paying a techie). Groups who are a bit slim in repertoire can work accompanied solos or guest groups into their sets (no standalone guest sets please).

      Please check with your folks and let me know asap. We have had wonderful music in 2002 and want to do even better next year.

      If you can't get a group together to sing, plan to keep Mondays free to come by and enjoy great a cappella sounds, friendly folks (it's always family night for a cappella), scrumptious food and award winning brews. There's no cover or minimum; just good music for fans.

      Thanks for supporting a cappella in Colorado.

      Rol Sharette
      program director, CVJS
      Colorado Vocal Jazz Society
      Colorado Ambassador, CASA