m-pact makes its own impact

  • rjsharette@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 14, 2002
      I promise this will be the last post about m-pact for awhile, but for many of you who have responded with questions and concern, the following quotes from m-pact's current maillist message will be of special interest.

      Meanwhile, with borrowed sound and some makeshift production changes, m-pact absolutely "walloped" (in-joke for those who were there) the standing room only crowd at Lakewood's Cultural Center Hall Saturday evening. I won't go on with the kudos, but the versatilityand quality of their show was only exceeded by the warmth and love they extended to their enthusiastic audience. It was quite an experience.

      Here' are some of Marco's notes from their message to fans:

      "This is Marco from m-pact.  Not only do I receive great reward from singing with this group, I often receive great headaches from my siderole as the group's Business Director -- especially in times like these . . .

      The amazing thing we've witnessed through this bizarre twist of fate has been an overwhelming cry of compassion and support from our friends and fans around the world. We couldn't have imagined this many heart-felt replies.

      [In addition to our Lakewood "Seattle or Bust"benefit on Sunday,] we just found out that one of our favorite venues in Seattle, the Broadway Performance Hall, has also donated a "Keep the Music Playing" benefit concert for m-pact on Wednesday October 30th at 7:30pm.  More info will be on-line very soon . . .

      We are also grateful to many of you for contacting us and asking what you can do to help.  Some of you have even started sending us contributions:

      Last night after a sold-out performance, a man dressed in jeans and a t-shirt tucked a folded scrap of paper in my shirt pocket and said, "I can't thank you enough for what you've done for my son's music -- put this toward a new sound system so we all can keep hearing you."  At the end of the night in the dressing room, I rediscovered his scrap of paper:  a personal check for $500.  We were humbled and speechless.

      Knowing that so many of you have expressed interest in helping us rebuild our career, we've set up a "Keep the Music Playing" fund, secured and monitored by a great entertainment finance management company near Seattle. If you are among the many fans and friends of m-pact who would like to help out, you may send your contribution directly to:

      M-pact
      C/O VWC Management
      13343 Bellevue-Redmond Rd
      Bellevue, WA 98005-2333

      On behalf of all of us in m-pact, we thank you for your contribution, be it monetary or otherwise.  Every small gift is still a gift that will help us get back to where we were.

      Sincerely and with vision,  Marco"