The Impact on m-pact!

  • rjsharette@prodigy.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2002
      A quick note to <colorado-acappella> and <casa-amb>:

      Susan Martin wrote: "as many of you may have already heard, m-pact's vehicle and equipment were stolen from their Denver hotel parking lot last weekend.  To help replace what was stolen the Lakewood Cultural Center will host a Benefit Concert THIS SUNDAY, OCTOBER 13 AT 2pm."

      What a shock to read of the misfortune of most every Coloradan's favorite "visiting" a cappella group. I just want to endorse the request from Lakewood's Susan Martin to help m-pact regain some of their loss by attending their added Sunday benefit concert. I'm sure the Lakewood Cultural Center is donating facilities and staff  to help out, but your attendance there will mean personal as well as financial support.

      These guys are amazing performers and if you haven't seen/heard them before, please make your way to 470 S. Allison Parkway to catch them this weekend. My wife, Bev, and I have heard them many times since their first Spring Sing performance at Estes in 1996. We may just show up again on Sunday to indicate our support.

      Meanwhile, you can contact any of the guys at their website and send any snailmail condolences, ideas or contributions to m-pact PO Box 1698 Issaquah, WA 98027-0068.

      Somehow these things shouldn't happen to a cappellists.

      Rol Sharette, program director, CVJS
      Colorado Vocal Jazz Society
      Colorado Ambassador, CASA