Young Voices of Colorado small group name ???

  • Jena Dickey
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2002
      Lucky you! I've got your email address and you are one of those musical,
      creative, or otherwise smart people I think I can ask for advice.

      I have a small group of singers, 20 in all, that are the crème de la crème
      of the Young Voices choirs. For two years they have been called the Select
      Ensemble, for lack of a better term. But we are doing a major brainstorming
      session to try to get a few more ideas. We want something with a little bit
      of pizzazz, but not too obnoxious.

      This group sings all kinds of music, from Bach and Britten to folksongs to
      Christmas carols to John Denver, and everything else in between, the full
      gamut. Last year's biggest hits were a 5-part arrangement of "I'll Be Home
      for Christmas," a 6-part arrangement of a Finnish folksong, and the "Theme
      from New York, New York."

      They are boys and girls, ages 11-15, in grades 6 through 9. They sing in our
      Concert Choir (a group of about 60) once a week and rehearse an additional
      night per week in the small group.

      They are selected mostly because of their good intonation, making it
      possible to sing close harmony. Usually they sing in 4 parts.

      Your mission, should you wish to accept it, is to visit our web site if
      necessary (www.youngvoices.org) and dream up some suggestions for us.

      So far the best ideas we have are:

      Diversions
      Opus 2
      Finale

      Thanks in advance for your phenomenal ideas!!!

      Hugs,
      Jena