Colorado Songster deadline

  • rjsharette@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 27, 2002
      Hello A Cappella enthusiasts,

      You are likely one of the 600 recipients of the "Colorado Songster" quarterly newsletter and probably affiliated with the Colorado Vocal Jazz Society (CVJS) and/or CASA Colorado. If you don't receive the newsletter and would like to, please send your snailmail address and telephone to this email address.

      The purpose of this message is to accummulate calendar and feature information for the summer issue of the Colorado Songster or the CVJS website. We would greatly appreciate your participation, but if you prefer to be deleted from this list, please reply with a short note to that effect.

      Right now we are looking at information for July through October 2002 which you would like to see published. The rule of thumb is that the preponderance of performing information or performances be devoted to a cappella presentation, especially as vocal jazz or contemporary a cappella (CAC) with consideration given to other formats such as Accompanied Vocal Groups, Barbershop, Gospel, etc. The website is ongoing, while the next deadline for the Colorado Songster is June 30. You can send digital information (including photos) to me at this address or, in hard copy, to CVJS, PO Box 19137, Boulder 80308-2137 (please let me know by email if you have snail mailed information).

      Meanwhile, here is the format in which we would like to get your input:

      Date (assume within next 4 months)
      Name of Group or Sponsoring Organization and Name of Event
      Venue (e.g. auditorium) and brief location
      City (in CO or nearby), fee (if known) and phone number for tickets (if applicable)

      The Colorado Songster also publishes a "Classified Column" and welcomes listings in the following categories: groups looking for members, singers looking for groups, groups looking for dmusical direction or organizations looking for performance groups or individuals. Please provide such information in the following format:

      Category of need: as above
      Group or individual name and location
      Short description of need
      Contact phone and/or email address.

      If your group has any news to announce -- new albums, new members, awards, media appearances or other tidbits -- please send information (and photos?) along also.

      Thanks for your help in encouraging support for contemporary a cappella music in our state.

      Rol Sharette
      program director, CVJS
      Colorado Vocal Jazz Society
      <www.cvjs.org>