Eclipse at Sweeps

  • Paul Hansen
    Message 1 of 1 , May 14, 2002
      Hello everyone,

      Just a quick review regarding the National Sweeps: I don’t know if the
      competition has ever been so stiff, I know it wasn’t last year. We were
      selected to be the first on stage for the night, which in my mind, is a
      difficult position. The advantage is that you get it over quickly. We
      felt very good about our performance, which was close to the exact same
      set we had in the Denver sweeps - for those of you who saw us. In fact,
      at intermission we felt like we would at least place in the top three.
      Needless to say, the last three groups were phenomenal. You can see the
      results at the sweeps page.

      Hope we didn't let the Denver region down. After all, we had a great time
      competing and look forward to returning to host the sweeps in Denver in
      the spring of 2003 (that is if you make it through that drought). We
      hosted the Seattle competition this March. It was more enjoyable to me
      because you actually get to spend more than 10 minutes with the audience;
      an a capella loving audience.

      Have a great summer,

      Paul Hansen
      Eclipse