FW: Choralist Protocol Reminder

  • Jena Dickey
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 26, 2002
      Another good idea from Choralist

      ----------
      From: "Tom Merrill" <merrill_t@...>
      Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 09:50:11 -0400
      To: <Choralist@...>
      Subject: Choralist Protocol Reminder

      Dear Choralist Members,

      The volunteer moderators would like to remind you of a few basic list
      protocols. Here are the reminders, in order of the frequency of
      corrective letters we send out to subscribers:

      1. Signature. As a courtesy to other subscribers, please remember to
      sign your message with both your full name AND email address. There are
      still email programs that "hide" names of the sender, especially when
      subscribers choose to receive their list traffic in digest mode.

      2. HTML encoding. Be certain that you are sending messages to the list
      processor in plain text only! We recognize that some mail providers make
      this extremely difficult to do, but, plain text messages are *still* the
      industry standard. There are many mail programs that are unable read
      messages with HTML encoding, enriched text, etc.

      3. Responding to the list. If you subscribe to all three lists, you will
      understand that public discussion is permitted on ChoralTalk and
      ChoralAcademe. It is *not*, however, permitted on Choralist. It is the
      responsibility of the originator of the message to post a compilation of
      "cc" Choralist when replying to an inquiry, imagine the traffic that
      would create if everyone did that!

      As always, please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any
      questions regarding these issues.

      Regards,

      Tom Merrill
      ChoralNet VP for List/Forum Committee