Curious Gage Seeks New Tenor and/or Beatboxer!

  • Nic Widhalm
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2013
      Curious Gage, one of Colorado's oldest contemporary a cappella groups, is seeking a new tenor vocalist as well as a beatboxer/vocal percussionist. Both positions are open and hoping to be filled immediately.

      Curious Gage is a professional vocal ensemble that specializes in classic rock, top forty hits, eighties hair pop, and everything in between. We have performed all over the state, including the Denver Coliseum and Gates Concert Hall, have conducted musical clinics from elementary to college groups, and were the winners of the 2006 Rocky Mountain Harmony Sweepstakes (the SuperBowl of A Cappella).

      We're actively seeking to find a lead tenor as well as a vocal percussionist. Here's what we're looking for:

      Tenor Vocalist:
      -Ability to consistently hit a high Ab
      -Great stage presence and lead man "attitude"
      -Previous a cappella experience is preferred but not required
      -Must be able to read music, but sight-reading is not required

      Vocal Percussionist/Beatboxer:
      - an exciting mix of both trap set and electronic beats that can be produced using nothing but the mouth
      - previous experience performing with an a cappella group is preferred but not required
      - a strong stage presence
      - a warm and friendly attitude, as well as the ability to accept constructive criticism
      - the ability to sing is an added bonus, but not required
      -Both male and female beatboxers are welcome to audition

      If this sounds like an opportunity you're interested in, please start by visiting www.curiousgage.com to learn more about our musical styling. The next step is to email nic@... with either a video or recording example of your singing or beatboxing. If you do not have a recording but are interested in auditioning, you are welcome to still respond to this posting and we'll figure something out.

      We are a friendly, professional mix of adults that are excited to take the next step in our performing history. If you are interested in joining a band that has a strong history of excellence, as well as a passion for vocal music and the talent to perform it in exciting and original settings, then this is the group for you!

      -Nic Widhalm
      Curious Gage A Cappella