Rocky Mountain Sing-off this Thursday

  • Mister Tim
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2012
      This Spring's big a cappella competition:

      The Rocky Mountain Sing-off
      Thursday May 4th
      6:30pm
      Casselmans Bar & Venue Denver
      2620 Walnut St, Denver, CO 80205
      Tickets are $10 and may be purchased at the door or online at
      Casselman's (http://holdmyticket.com/event/113272)

      We are excited to announce an exclusive a cappella competition to
      benefit the 2012 AIDS/LifeCycle. Featuring local a cappella groups
      presenting their best material in front of a live audience, this
      friendly competition will be presented in the style of NBC's hit TV
      show "The Sing-Off" and will be hosted by Mister Tim
      (http://www.mistertimdotcom.com/). The show is produced by Tony
      Huerta, founding member of Season 3 Sing-Off finalists Urban Method.
      The Rocky Mountain Sing Off champions will be chosen by the audience
      and will win studio recording time courtesy of Sonic Audio.

      Scheduled a cappella groups include:

      5280 A Cappella (http://www.5280acappella.com/)
      The Buffoons - CU Boulder (http://www.cubuffoons.com/)
      The IdioSINGcracies - University of Denver(http://www.idiosingcrasies.com/)
      Resonant RAMblings - CSU (http://www.facebook.com/resonant.ramblings)

      All proceeds raised by The Rocky Mountain Sing-Off will go directly to
      benefit the 2012 AIDS/LifeCycle (http://www.aidslifecycle.org/), a
      545-mile bike ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles to raise money
      and awareness for HIV/AIDS. It?s easy to think that HIV/AIDS is no
      longer a problem. Medications have come a long way, and people are
      living longer, healthier lives. This is why the work of the San
      Francisco AIDS Foundation and the L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center is so
      vital. These agencies continue to provide the critical services and
      education needed to meet the growing needs of our community. Our sole
      concern is providing critical services to people living with HIV and
      AIDS. Your support and commitment to this event is pivotal to our
      success. We ride to raise awareness and knowledge about HIV/AIDS among
      participants, their donors, and the general public. We ride because?in
      the current economy?our agencies need these funds more than ever.
      Ultimately, we ride so that someday, we won?t have to.

      https://www.facebook.com/events/335031666556232/?ref=ts