Harmony Sweepstakes Finals report from THROAT

  • Mister Tim
    Message 1 of 1 , May 18, 2011
      Greetings, friends! Mister Tim here, from your 2011 Rocky Mountain
      Harmony Sweepstakes champs THROAT.

      We spent last weekend in San Rafael, CA with seven other AMAZING
      regional Harmony Sweeps winners. We had a great time, made great
      friends, and heard some great music... without a doubt, the strongest
      field of groups I have ever seen at the HS Finals.

      Congratulations to Emily Bedal of THROAT for winning the Best Original
      Song Award for "Monsters, Animals," as she also did at the regional
      competition.

      We sang well and enjoyed ourselves, but ultimately the tastes of the
      judges and audience favored the traditional, unlike last year when
      Denver's own subversive a cappella trio Plumbers of Rome took home the
      top prize.

      Winners were:
      Champs: Da Capo, Barbershop quartet from the Mid-Atlantic regional
      2nd: Vybration, contemporary group from L.A.
      3rd: Brass Farthing, a bawdy Victorian drinking club from San Francisco

      Audience Favorite: Da Capo

      Best Arrangement: Vybration

      To hear more great a cappella, be sure to get out to these upcoming shows:

      Tues May 24 Plumbers of Rome and Wonder Voice at Rock N Soul Cafe
      http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=154580394605866&ref=ts

      Fri May 27 2010 RMHS champs Confidential with THROAT and McPhly at
      Lannie's Clocktower Cabaret
      http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=117161941699467&ref=ts