FW: A Concert you should consider performing in...

  • Tony Huerta
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 18, 2010
      Hey Everyone,

      In the early 90's (yes, I'm showing you my age) there was an incredible place for a cappella groups to perform every weekend called Acappellas.  This brought out a huge crowd every week and kept several groups making money year round.  I'd like to start an a cappella series of concerts to try and revive this concept and thus, help bolster a cappella in our community.  This will also serve as a launching point for new groups, giving them an open forum to perform for their fans and Denver!

      I'm writing to you because you are part of the a cappella community in Denver.  Whether you are in a group or not, you probably know of a group that would love to perform.

      Here are the details:

      When:  November 7th 3:00 PM - 7:00 PM and future dates to be confirmed 6 per year minimum
      Where:  Casselman's venue and bar (All Ages)
      Why:  To feature a cappella groups, new and seasoned.  Also, it will cap off a great weekend of a cappella with the Mile High Vocal Jam the previous 2 days.
      Who:  Any group that would like performance experience, a place to invite their fans to a show.
      Why Here:  The sound is amazing and the venue is really cool with food and a great bar.
      The Pay:  Yes all groups will be paid based on attendance by their fans.  $6 per person goes to the groups.  200 fans = $1200

      I will be inviting party planners, media, and booking agents to the show.

      The deadline to respond to this gig offer is October 22nd.  I have already secured the date in the venue.  I will host this concert if 3 or more different groups respond.
      Please let me know as soon as possible if you would like a spot in the lineup.  The performance times will vary by group and is flexible to your repertoire.  Once the performance times are set, you will have a set time to advertise to your fans.

      I will take a maximum of 6 groups for this event.

      Please pass this along to anyone you know who has an a cappella group that might be interested.

      Thank you,

      Tony Huerta
      Sonic Audio
      Take 6/NoTa Production Manager
      (303) 668-7229
      tony@...
      tony@...
    • Tony Huerta
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 19, 2010
        Everyone,

        The cover charge for the concert is $10.  $6 of which goes to the groups.  We will be keeping a tally of everyone who enters and what group they are there to see.  So get out your fans and friends!  The more you bring, the more you make.

        Tony