Mister Tim : Vocal Magic Sept 1 Boulder

  • Mister Tim
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 10, 2010
      You might know him as the creator of and singer with 2010 Harmony
      Sweepstakes Champions Plumbers of Rome, 2010 Rocky Mountain Harmony
      Sweepstakes runners-up VoxBom, 2009 Rocky Mountain Harmony Sweepstakes
      Champions Mouth Beats, 2003 Harmony Sweeptakes runner-up moosebutter,
      Vocality, Wonder Voice, Placental Armageddon, or any number of other
      groups; you might have even seen him rock his solo live-looping (like
      during Mouth Beats' set as hosts of this past year's Harmony
      Sweepstakes).

      You are invited to experience his truly unique new solo show that is
      "intriguing, inspiring, and fascinating, in all the best ways.? (Dave
      Brown, host of the Mouth Off a cappella podcast). Titled "Vocal
      Magic" because it takes the audience on a journey through all the most
      amazing modern vocal 'tricks,' from beatboxing, to sound effects, to
      added electronic effects, to the sweetest trick of all, live-looping,
      which allows Mister Tim to sing all the parts to his a cappella music,
      becoming a one-man vocal band.

      ?Seen the show twice, and I'm excited to see it again. In fact, if
      Mister Tim were the Grateful Dead, I'd be wearing tie-dye and selling
      my car to buy a VW Van so I could follow him all over the
      country.??This show really IS magic. I end up smiling the whole time,
      wondering what will come next. The mix of improv and rehearsed music
      is exciting (and last show, reviewers couldn't tell the difference
      between the two--thought it was all rehearsed). It's moody,
      melancholy, odd, beautiful, and compelling. Grabs you, pops you in,
      chews you up, spits you back out, and you've never been so glad to be
      a show's lunch.? -Andrew

      Mister Tim : Vocal Magic
      Wed Sept 1 7:30 pm Rock N Soul Cafe 5290 Arapahoe Ave. Suite I, Boulder, CO
      Tickets $8 in advance, $10 at the door.
      http://www.mistertimdotcom.com/
      http://www.rocknsoulcafe.com/

      Pulling from elements of his work as a touring singer, musical theater
      actor, songwriter, beatboxer (vocal percussionist), teacher and
      contemporary a cappella voice artist, Mister Tim : Vocal Magic is an
      exploration of the human voice. "Live-looping," or electronically
      layering sounds, Mister Tim builds full songs with just his one voice,
      adding drums, instruments, melodies and harmonies, weaving sonic
      stories with thoughtfully-written original songs and creatively
      twisted covers. Sublime to humorous, with a healthy dose of
      audience-fueled improvisation.

      Mister Tim CDs will be available for purchase before and after the show.

      Please no small children (no children under 8 yrs old, 10 and older
      recommended).

      Mister Tim
      tim@...
      (720) 365-3080