Face - the secret is out, we're going to be on NATIONAL TELEVISION

  • Face (Mark Megibow)
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 23 1:18 PM
      Dearest friends, family, and fans!

      THIS IS IT - our Top Secret Mission is now REVEALED!!! The reason we suddenly canceled our December concert schedule is because:

      We are headed to LA this Saturday (Nov 28), having been selected as one of only eight vocal groups from around the country to compete on national television for a cash prize and recording contract. The show will air on NBC on December 14, 15, 16, with the live finale on Dec 21, all shows are two-hour episodes starting at 8:00 pm EST. It's kind of an "American Idol" meets a cappella, with groups being eliminated on every episode, until they have a winner. Judges will preside over the first rounds, but the viewing audience (hopefully YOU!!!) will have a say in the final winner!

      All the details are listed in the press release below.

      We hope that you can now fully understand all of our past cryptic messages, and that you're willing to forgive us for the December cancelations. As you can see, it's a huge opportunity - the biggest we've had - and we owed it to ourselves and our future to go for it. We're going to miss the holiday shows this year, and at the same time we are STOKED to be headed off on this new adventure.

      There are some local efforts underway to schedule public viewing parties of "The Sing-Off" so people can get together and make a fun evening of it, watching on a big screen. THEY ARE LOOKING FOR LARGE, INEXPENSIVE VENUES in which to host these parties. The events must be free in order to avoid costly licensing fees with NBC, so if you have a place, or have any pull with a place that you think might be interested in hosting, please let us know! Teresa at Nissi's Bistro has already agreed to host the Premiere Evening - you can email her (nissismusic@...) to reserve your free seats immediately.

      The only thing left to say to all of you is THANK YOU!!! What started as a mailing list of only friends and family 7 1/2 years ago has grown to this. You have continued to bring more and more friends, who brought more and more friends, continually inspiring to get better, do more, and see just how far we can make this thing fly. We will be thinking of all of you while we're rocking the national TV stage. It's the chance of a lifetime - we're excited, we're ready, and we're going to make the most of it!

      Read on below!

      Cheers! - Mark

      - - - - - - - - - - - -
      Mark Megibow
      Business Manager

      Four Night Holiday Event Series to Feature Celebrity Judges Ben Folds (Ben Folds Five), Shawn Stockman (Boyz II Men) and a Rotating Surprise Guest Judge Each Night
      Eight Singing Groups Competing for an Epic Records/Sony Recording Contract Include: Beelzebubs (Boston, Massachusetts), Noteworthy (Provo, Utah), Face (Boulder, Colorado), Maxx Factor (Baltimore, Maryland), Nota (San Juan, Puerto Rico), The SoCals (Los Angeles, California), Solo (Omaha, Nebraska) and Voices of Lee (Cleveland, Tennessee).
      UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. - November 20, 2009 – Multi-platinum recording artist Nick Lachey is set to host NBC's upcoming a cappella singing competition series, "The Sing-Off," a four night holiday event premiering Monday, December 14 (8-10 p.m. ET).  The one-of-a-kind battle of voices will continue on December 15 and 16, culminating in a live finale on December 21 (each night 8-10 p.m. ET).
      Celebrity judges set to critique the singing groups with their expertise are Ben Folds (Ben Folds Five), Shawn Stockman (Boyz II Men) and a rotating third judge who will be announced each night.
      Eight a cappella groups will be competing in the competition for a $100,000 prize and an Epic Records/Sony recording contract.  The a cappella groups competing include: Beelzebubs from Boston, Massachusetts; Noteworthy from Provo, Utah; Face from Boulder, Colorado; Maxx Factor from Baltimore, Maryland; Nota from San Juan Puerto Rico; The SoCals from Los Angeles, California; Solo from Omaha, Nebraska and Voices of Lee from Cleveland, Tennessee.
      Lachey's stardom as a singer began as the writer and front man of the band 98 Degrees, selling millions of albums worldwide and charting several top-forty hits.  He is currently putting the finishing touches on his highly anticipated third solo album "Coming Up For Air," which is set to be released in 2010.
      Helping to guide the vocal talents of each group is Ben Folds, an American singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist and former front man of the band Ben Folds Five.  Folds, released an a cappella album earlier this year, which features the top collegiate a cappella groups from around the country.  Also, on hand will be Shawn Stockman, an R&B singer who is best known from the vocal group Boyz II Men.
      "The Sing-Off" will feature the a cappella groups performing popular songs from various genres, arranged and sung like you've never heard before.  There is no lip-synching, back-up band or safety net.  Ultimately America will decide the winning group.

       “The Sing-Off” is produced by Tenth Planet Productions, Outlaw Productions and Sony Pictures Television. Joel Gallen, Deb Newmyer and Sam Weisman are executive producers. Josh Greenberg serves as co-executive producer.

      Nikki Lichterman, NBC Entertainment Publicity

      # # #

      To speak with a group from your hometown, please contact:

      Chelsea Hettrick at chettrick@...