Face - IMPORTANT DECEMBER ANNOUNCEMENT

  • Face (Mark Megibow)
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2009
      To our Beloved Friends, Family, and Fans:

      We have been stewing about how to share this news with you about our December schedule. It is bittersweet to be sure. We hope you'll agree with both the bitter and the sweet:

      Face is going to be out of town pretty much for the whole month of December. It's a relatively new development and opportunity, and we've spent the last few weeks canceling engagements and making humble and sincere apologies to all those affected. In 7+ years, we've only had to cancel one engagement, and that was for a death in the family.

      We've been cryptic with a number of you already, and unfortunately it has to remain that way for the time being. We will share more details as time goes on, but we've been hearing from a LOT of you asking us what's going on and we wanted to tell you as much as we can for the time being. We hope you all know us well enough by now to believe that a decision like this wouldn't be taken lightly by us. Trust us when we say this is an exciting time for us in spite of the consequences. Bittersweet.

      Our holiday schedule has always been a highlight of the year for us, and we know it is for you, too. We strived in the past to make our holiday concerts truly special, and it has always been reciprocated by all of you. WE WILL MISS YOU THIS DECEMBER!!!

      As you've read, we have our CD Release Concerts at Boulder Theater on 11/11 and Soiled Dove on Friday 11/13 (this coming week). These will basically be the last opportunities to see Face here in Colorado before 2010.

      We're hoping to see as many of you as possible next week before we take this little trip of ours. Please come and give us a warm and fun send-off.

      Boulder Theater, 11/11: http://bouldertheater.com/event_detail.php?id=1199
      Soiled Dove, 11/13: http://www.soileddove.com

      We will also be singing BRIEFLY (20 min or so) at Boulder's holiday lighting ceremony on November 21 on Pearl Street Mall, in front of the Courthouse, at 5:00 pm. We'll probably sing a few holiday songs at that event, so that can be some small consolation. -grin-

      Cheers! - Mark

      Mark Megibow
      Business Manager
      Face