Invitation to join the Host Committee of the 2010 Rocky Mountain Harmony Sweepstakes

  • MossSarahE@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2009

      Harmony Sweepstakes logo
      You're Invited to
      Join the
      Host Committee of the
      2010 Rocky Mountain Harmony Sweepstakes

      In This Issue
      Host Committee Kick-Off
      Meet Sarah Moss
      Audition Info
      Regional Announcements
      About Us
      Quick Links

      How to Enter

      Rules

      Recordings

      Facebook

      MySpace
      Join Our List
      Join Our Mailing List

      Sept. 2009 Update

      Dear A Cappella Music Supporter:

      Hello! My name is Sarah Moss, and I'm the new Regional Director of the Rocky Mountain Harmony Sweepstakes.

      In honor of your participation in and support of the Rocky Mountain music community, you are cordially invited to serve on the 2010 Rocky Mountain Harmony Sweepstakes Host Committee!
      HOST COMMITTEE MEETING OCT. 17

      Please join us and feel free to invite others by forwarding this invitation.

      Kick-Off Meeting:
      Host Committee of the
      2010 Rocky Mountain Harmony Sweepstakes

      Saturday, October 17, 2009, 9 a.m. - 10 a.m. *
      Panera Bread
      1330 Grant St., Denver, CO 80203
      Map and directions - Free parking is available in the adjacent garage.
      Bagels and coffee will be provided.

      Please RSVP to Regional Director Sarah Moss at HarmonySweepstakes@... or 303-219-0639.

      (* Why at 9 a.m. on a Saturday? Because groups aren't gigging and teachers aren't teaching.)
       handshake photo
      The Host Committee goals:
      • Promote a cappella events throughout the region, including the Harmony Sweepstakes;
      • Support existing and new a cappella singing groups and associated businesses;
      • Grow collaboration among the regional a capppella community; and
      • Develop new audiences, fans and singers.

      Host Committee Members receive:
      • Opportunity to serve as the performance audition committee, choosing the groups who will compete in the 2010 Rocky Mountain Harmony Sweepstakes;
      • Special acknowledgments in the event program and select marketing materials;
      • Networking and strategic partnership opportunities with other Host Committee members;
      • Potential for media exposure through communications and marketing;
      • Invitation to receptions and events before, at and after the 2010 Rocky Mountain Harmony Sweepstakes; and
      • Free coffee and bagels at our Oct. 17 meeting at Panera Bread.

      As a Host Committee Member, we ask your assistance in:
      • Identifying the musicians, initiatives, people and organizations that make the Rocky Mountain region a force in the a cappella world;
      • Promoting a cappella events throughout the region, including the Rocky Mountain Harmony Sweepstakes, to your networks;
      • Selecting a music education nonprofit organization to receive a percentage of event profits;
      • Suggesting a cappella groups to compete and individuals to judge at the 2010 Rocky Mountain Harmony Sweepstakes; and
      • Opening doors to potential networking and partnerships among Host Committee members.
      MEET SARAH MOSS, REGIONAL DIRECTOR
      Sarah Moss on KMGH-TV
      My love affair with a cappella started in the late 1980s when a friend passed me a cassette by The Nylons. I've loved music and singing since childhood and have attended the Rocky Mountain Harmony Sweepstakes as a fan for more than 15 years. Earlier this year, Face sang me down the aisle at my wedding and entertained our  reception guests with a high-energy set.

      I'm not a professional singer, but I am a professional event producer, organizer and communicator. While music isn't my career focus like it is for many of the people receiving this e-mail, my goal is to better my community through each project I do. It's easy to recognize the economic and social role vocal music groups and their supporting businesses play: fueling locally-owned sound studios and engineers; selling tickets, food and beverages at local venues; and inspiring and teaching young singers.

      It was my good fortune to sing under the direction of choir director Lois Peterson at Westminster High School, where I also served as piano accompanist for the choirs and jazz band. My amateur/hobby performance experience includes 11 community and school choirs plus theater, musical theater and improv comedy in Colorado and Washington, DC.

      It was my off-stage theater roles in high school that led me to a career in communications and event production; looking back, I can trace a natural progression from student theater publicity and lighting crews to game operations for professional sports teams to presidential campaign rallies.

      To my direction of the Rocky Mountain Harmony Sweepstakes, I bring more than 10 years of experience in message-based events, communications and partnership development. Essentially, my work translates skills learned on the political campaign trail (municipal to presidential level) and in professional sports stadiums/arenas to projects for nonprofit, government and corporate social responsibility clients. You can learn more about my work and the clients of my business, Sarah Moss, Inc., on LinkedIn.

      I look forward to collaborating with you to support our regional a cappella community and economy!
      AUDITION INFORMATION
      Information for Interested Groups

      Purpose
      To help widen the interest in a cappella music by providing a larger audience for groups of all styles to perform, have fun and create new fans.

      Requirements
      Groups may have no less than three nor more than eight performing members and they must perform primarily a cappella. Groups of any style are welcome. For the complete rules, click here.

      How To Enter
      All groups are requested to submit the online submission form. You can also download an entry form here (using adobe Acrobat) and fax or mail it to us.

      Groups also need to send a sample of their music and a photo to the director of the region they wish to enter. Please note you may only submit to one regional show. There is a $10 per group member entry fee for accepted groups. List of regional directors.

      Prizes
      Regional winners win airfare and two nights accommodation in the San Francisco Bay area to compete in the National Finals. The National Champions win 1000 free CDs duplication from our sponsor, DISC MAKERS.
      ROCKY MOUNTAIN REGIONAL
      ANNOUNCEMENTS and RESOURCES

      Want your link here? Let us know.

      Mile High Vocal Jam 2009 logoMile High Vocal Jam
      Oct. 23-24, Aurora, CO
      http://soundoftherockies.com/milehighvocaljam/

      Barbershop Harmony Society
      http://www.barbershop.org/

      Barbershop Women
      http://www.barbershopwomen.com/

      Collegiate-Acappella
      http://www.collegiate-acappella.com/

      Contemporary A Cappella Society of America (CASA)
      http://www.casa.org/

      Sweet Adelines International Singers
      http://www.sweetadelineintl.org
      ABOUT THE HARMONY SWEEPSTAKES
      Harmony Sweepstakes logo
      Rocky Mountain Harmony Sweepstakes
      March 13, 2010
      Colorado Heights University Theater (formerly Teikyo Loretto Heights Theater)
      Denver, CO

      The Harmony Sweepstakes A Cappella Festival is the premier American showcase for vocal harmony music. The annual national competition draws from hundreds of vocal groups from around the country with regional competitions in eight cities, including Denver. The winning group from each regional competition is flown to perform in front of celebrity judges and a sold-out house of enthusiastic a cappella fans at the National Finals in San Rafael, California.

      How to Enter

      Rules

      Recordings

      National Sponsors

      Primarily A Cappella logo  A Cappella News logo
      Disc Makers logo

      Regional Sponsors
      In formation
      Please contact Sarah Moss at 303.219.0639

      I hope to see you at our Host Committee meeting on Saturday, October 17! Please RSVP to HarmonySweepstakes@... or 303-219-0639.

      Thank you for your time and energy in supporting the
      Rocky Mountain region's a cappella community!

      Sincerely,
      Sarah

      Sarah E. Moss, Regional Director
      Rocky Mountain Harmony Sweepstakes
      HarmonySweepstakes@...
      303.219.0639 office

      Rocky Mountain Harmony Sweepstakes | 550 E. 12th Ave. Unit 501 | Denver | CO | 80203