Face - with VOCO and Naturally 7!!!

  • Face (Mark Megibow)
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2009
      Hi everyone!

      In addition to our plethora of summer shows, we have two very special performances coming up in a few weeks that we don't want you to miss, one in Boulder and one in Denver! We are hosting some amazing guest groups from around the WORLD that we'd like to share with all of you!!!

      FACE with MOIRA SMILEY AND VOCO - BOULDER THEATER
      Those of you who were at this show last summer will agree that it was a magical evening of awesome music. Moira Smiley and VOCO, from LA, are the Harmony Sweepstakes National Champions from 2007 (you could also say they're the group that beat Face that year - we came in second!). Their style is one that's all their own, with a mixture of folk music, gospel, and world music. Much of their repertoire is a cappella, but they will also bring out cello, accordion, and banjo as part of their act which makes for an amazing show.

      The concert will once again take place at Boulder Theater and we packed it last time. Tickets are selling fast at http://www.BoulderTheater.com with special reserved sections up front, as well as general admission in the rest of the house.

      What: Face and VOCO
      Where: Boulder Theater (14th and Spruce, Boulder CO)
      Date: Thursday, June 18
      Time: 7:30 pm
      Price: $24 reserved, $18.50 GA, $12.50 Student/Senior
      Tickets: http://www.BoulderTheater.com

      FACE with NATURALLY 7 - SOILED DOVE UNDERGROUND
      Then 10 days after that fun night, we are going to share the stage with the inestimable Naturally 7, the internationally touring vocal sensation that has appeared on Leno (er...you know before Leno quit) and Ellen. Their style is also unique, based in more of an urban R&B, jazz and gospel sound that they call "vocal play." Their show rocks.

      For this show, join us at Soiled Dove Underground in the Lowry area of Denver. Being a smaller venue, we fully expect it to sell out, at which point we're discussing opening a matinee performance on the same afternoon.

      Unlike most Soiled Dove concerts, THIS WILL BE AN ALL-AGES SHOW!

      What: Face and Naturally 7
      Where: Soiled Dove Underground (1st and Quebec, Denver CO)
      Date: Sunday, June 28
      Time: 7:00 pm
      Price: $20-$25 (ALL AGES)
      Tickets: http://www.SoiledDove.com

      And if you can't make either of these too, don't miss our healthy smattering of summer festivals and concerts series. Keep up to date with our website calendar:
      http://www.FaceVocalBand.com/calendar.html

      Have a great summer - hope to see you all soon!

      Cheers! - Mark

      Mark Megibow
      Business Manager
      Face