Mixed Quintet Needs Bass/Baritone

  • gazebo43
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 21, 2009

      Vocal Chemistry, an eclectic jazz harmony quintet (SAATB), needs a mature, experienced acappella bass/baritone.

      GROUP AGE RANGE:  40s-60s             LOCATION:  Denver

      VOCAL STYLE: Singers Unlimited, Swingle Singers, Manhattan Transfer etc.

      ARRANGEMENTS:  mostly published, some original

      SKILLS NEEDED: good ear for complex acappella harmony & rhythm, good reading ability, good jazz intonation and blending ability

      QUINTET ORGANIZATION: no director, democratic decision-making, shared responsibilities

      GIG OBJECTIVES: banquets, intimate settings (dinner parties?), benefits, small clubs?, etc.

      We have lots of music, a sound system, a great blend and a passion for jazz harmonies. We are incomplete without a great bass, however.  Let me know if you're interested.

      Richard