THE BIG NEWS!!!

  • Roland Sharette
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 15, 2009
      The 20th Anniversary Rocky Mountain Harmony Sweepstakes will be held Saturday, March 21 at a brand new venue! -- the classiest and most appropriate imaginable for this celebration of vocal harmony skills -- and right in downtown Denver on the Auroria Campus, close by the Pepsi Center.

      The KING CENTER, known for its elegance and its superlative acoustics, will host up to eight of only the best and most accomplished vocal ensembles from across the broad western landscape of our country in a competition to select the group that will represent us in the National Championships of vocal hamony in the San Francisco Bay area on this coming May 16. Participant details and more complete information will be forthcoming shortly right here on our Colorado-A Cappella message board, as well as in newspapers and websites across the western United States. But we would ask that groups who have been considering Sweeps participation act on your plans (RMHS auditions will be completed by January 31 and final competitors announced Monday, February 2) by completing the enclosed entry form and mailing it to arrive no later than January 28, 2009, enclosing your $10 per member participation fee.

      Please note that the King Center has a somewhat smaller capacity than Ranum Auditorium and, at 520 seats, will no doubt sell out in advance sales; ticket prices will remain in the $10-$20 range and purchase options will be announced in a few days. Meanwhile, among those groups who have expressed the desire to sing here in Colorado, please send in your forms quickly so your opportunity to participate will not be lost.

      Download the attached pdf for detailed information and call me directly with any questions. Let's make this 20th Anniversary one of the best Sweeps ever!

      Share your questions on the colorado-acappella message board and you'll get prompt response.

      Rol Sharette
      RMHS Exec Producer
      program director, CVJS
      Colorado Vocal Jazz Society