52eighty Show Saturday, January 24th, 1:30pm - Calling All Groups! - Come support us!

  • Mike Davidson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2009
      Good afternoon a cappella friends,
      I hope you all had a great holiday season singing or relaxing with your friends and family and are exited for a great 2009!  As the default President of the new youth chorus 52eighty, I'm coming to you asking for help....
      First, we have a website set up www.soundoftherockies.com/52eighty where you can learn more about our group.  Right now, we are out in the community asking for donations for our group and are getting close to making a lot of purchases for our competition (travel, costumes, tshirts, etc.).  To date we have raised over $3,000 through various individuals and local barbershop chapters who have been a tremendous support to us.  You too can be a part of this journey by donating via. paypal on our website (see link above) or by sending checks made out to "Denver Mile High Chapter" to 10181 Park Meadows Dr. Apt #228, Lone Tree, CO 80124.  ANY AMOUNT HELPS.  All donations are going to be handled by the Sound of the Rockies chorus -- a non-profit group --  who is helping us out, and all donations can be written off on your taxes!  These donations will go directly to pay for the youth chorus members and our trip at the end of this month, where we will be taking around 28, mostly college and high school students (all potential future a cappella singers like us) to compete in the second annual youth chorus competition in Pasadena, CA.  Thank you in advance for your kindness, I know times are tough right now, but please know that this is going toward a worthy cause of getting local high school and college kids interested in a cappella singing.  (The cost to bring 1 member to this competition is around $500 including travel).
      Secondly, we are having a fundraiser show on January 24th at Grandview High School at 1:30pm and would love to see you all there.  $10 tickets will be available at the door and we already have Ignition! (for their last performance ever) and the newest Rocky Mountain District Champion quartet McPhly donating their time to perform.  Please put it in your calendar!  Also, we are seeking some diversity in this show and are looking for any group who might be willing to donate their time and a 15-20 minute performance to help enhance our show and attract a larger audience.  If your group is available and you have any interest in performing please contact me ASAP and we can discuss details.  303.720.1866, madmiked1@...
      For more info on the upcoming competition visit: www.barbershop.org/youthchorus.
      Be on the lookout for more information and results from our competition!
      Wishing you all the best in 2009!
      Mike Davidson
      52eighty, President
      Sound of the Rockies, Baritone Section Leader
      Colorado A Cappella, Marketing Manager