Schedule details for the a cappella conference
- Hello from Sonic Audio (Tony Huerta) and Colorado Acappella,
Here are some details you might be interested in for the upcoming acappella conference at DU.
1. The conference is open to anyone who is interested in a cappella music. The pros we have teaching the clinics will not disappoint any level singer.
2. Lunch on Saturday is provided
3. The competition has moved from Friday night last year to SATURDAY night this year!!!! ALL COLLEGE GROUPS AND HIGH SCHOOL GROUPS BE THERE SATURDAY NIGHT.
4. The Beatbox competition is over lunch on Saturday. We had 9 people last year and want more this year. If you beatbox, no matter what the level, you should be involved!!
5. The after party is coming together! Last years was legendary with great singing all around!
6. Sign up quickly so that we have room for everyone and know how much food to buy.
Registration forms and more details are on the http://www.coloradoacappella.com and http://sonicaudiopro.com websites.
The cost is $300 for your entire group or $50 per person, including both concerts and all of the clinics!
Download a form and mail it asap. Credit Cards are accepted!! Just call Tony @ Sonic Audio (303) 778-0370 to process the payment.
The Schedule Details?Friday November 7, 2008@ 7:30 PMA Cappella Showcase ConcertFeaturing:Groove SocietyZack Freeman and Matthew Selby "All Beatbox"Last Years College Competition Winners, "Mile 21" from CU
Saturday November 8, 2008
8:00 AM - 12:00 PMA Cappella ClinicsCome learn about everything a cappella including Solo Singing Technique,CD Production, Group Dynamics, Business/Group Management, A Cappella Arranging,Beatbox & Vocal Percussion, Live Sound Production, and more!!!12:30 PM - 1:00 PMThe Beatbox ChallengeAll available Beatboxers/Vocal Percussionists compete for top honors and a Studio Time Award.1:30 PM - 4:30 PMOne On One Group Clinics!!Each group that attends the clinics will have the opportunity to sign up and have one on one time with the clinicians.Don't miss this opportunity to work directly with the knowledgeable pros to perfect your show and style.4:30 PM - 7:00 PMHigh School & College Competition Sound CheckAll participating a cappella groups check sound for the evening competition.All groups meet in Davis Auditorium and draw for checking times.7:30 PM - 10:00 PMHigh School & College Competition!!
And, the first performance ever of the Mile High Vocal Project CD specialized group singing "In The End"!!All groups compete for bragging rights and very cool prizes includingfree recording studio time from Sonic Audio, gear from Shure Microphones,and a group professional photo shoot.Each group gets a 10 minute performance in a concert setting.Separate awards will be given to the High School winners and the College winnersThe winning college group will receive the honor of opening for the A Cappella Showcase Concert in 2009!!