Rocky Mountain Revels "Pioneer Christmas" AUDITIONS

  • Jonathan Griffitts
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 13 11:16 PM
      Revels auditions are almost here (August 23rd!).  If you, or anyone you
      know, would love to be a part of our amazing Colorado Pioneer show this
      year, please help spread the word and encourage them to audition! This
      year is going to be a VERY SPECIAL REVELS year!

      Rocky Mountain Revels, a non-profit performing arts organization
      celebrating its 8th year in Boulder, is proud to kick off Boulder's
      Sesquicentennial Celebration with its upcoming "A Pioneer Christmas"
      show.  With 2009 ushering in the 150th anniversary of the founding of
      Boulder, Nederland, Gold Hill, and Denver; the Boulder Sesquicentennial
      Committee is planning a year-long celebration!

      "A Pioneer Christmas" represents a remarkable community effort.  It
      envisions a pioneer experience in a loosely woven story told through the
      Revels traditions of music, dance and drama.  Over 50 community members
      will appear on stage, and another 50 will be volunteering behind the
      scenes backstage. Performances will be December 14th and 20th at the
      historic Boulder Theater, rehearsals are every Monday evening from
      September through December.

      Some of the great American music we will be singing this year includes;

      Shall We Gather at the River
      Bound for the Promised Land
      What Wondrous Love
      Cherry Tree Carol
      Bow and Be Simple
      and...  a fabulous melodrama called "The Christmas Inn"
      and.. poetry by Eugene Field, Carl Sandberg, and others

      Auditions for Rocky Mountain Revels "A Pioneer Christmas" are on
      Saturday, August 23rd at the Lutheran Atonement Church at 685 Inca
      Pkwy., just off Baseline Rd. in central Boulder from 2-5 p.m. The
      audition song should be a folk song or carol sung a cappella, it need
      not be anything fancy.  You must be able to carry a tune, but you do not
      have to be a trained singer.  Wanted:  large community cast of all ages
      (7-70+) and varying experiences.

      For more information write info@... or call
      303 440-9056.

      Check out the auditions web page at
      http://www.rockymountainrevels.org/auditions

      Also, in case it's of interest, we have a blog at:
      http://rockymountainrevels.blogspot.com/
      and online photo albums at:
      http://www.webshots.com/user/rockymountainrevels

      --