Colorado Songster, Summer Issue

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 21, 2008
      The Colorado Songster

      The quarterly Colorado a cappella newsletter was mailed to our 1725 subscribers yesterday. Here's the index from the front cover:

      WHAT'S INSIDE:
      2008 Harmony Sweeps Results —
      ‘Legacy’ pursues its destiny —
      VOCO and face face off —
      Directory of Colorado Vocal Groups —
      'Far Side' celebrates the Gershwins —
      The 2008 Mile High A Cappella CD Project --
      Summer A Cappella Calendar —
      2008 Rocky Mountain Vocal Jazz Camp —
      CASA’s New Contemporary A Cappella League --

      The Summer A Cappella Calendar on page 3 includes 50+ June-August dates at which our own Colorado varied stable of vocal groups are performing, most of them free. The list will tell you where and when, so you can pick one or two each week and get your a cappella 'knee jerk' to settle down while enjoying everything from barbershop to jazz to rock and roll! Make it a point this summer to meet and greet these cool singers wherever they are performing and while you're at it, let their producers and sponsors know how much you appreciate the opportunity.

      If you're not a Songster subscriber, send along your name, address and phone so we can get you on the list. We'll also try to mail you this "summer Songster" as long as the overprint inventory holds out.

      You will also be able to look up info from the Songster at our website www.cvjs.org as it goes live. Just click on "What's Happenin" and you can print out your own calendar from there.

      And if you're part of an acappella group not  listed in our driectory (heaven forbid!! See the 4th item above), check that out and get your information in to info@... and you'll be part of the scene. To learn more about "THE LIST" click on "Group Database"  on the homepage and see what info we need.

      Meanwhile, have some musical fun this summer along with your hikin' and bikin'. But we also wanna see you out in the audience!

      Rol Sharette, editor
      Boulder, Colorado
      303 413 8774 (Colo)
      888 949 2857 (US)