Paid gig July 4 for barbershop quartet

  • Michael Hume
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 19, 2008
      Hi,

      Again this year I am looking for a barbershop quartet, male or female, to do one hour on the afternoon of Friday, July 4 for a neighborhood party.  We usually have 100+ attendees, and this would be a paid gig.  Location is in SE Denver, near Yale & Monaco.

      We start entertainment on the hour, each hour between 12 noon and 4 p.m.  The party ends at 5:00 p.m.  Since we need a little set-up time between groups, we expect no more than about 50 minutes of total performance time.

      Sound system is provided; each of your members will be amplified on an individual SM-58 microphone, unless you'd rather bring your own group mic (or mics) to plug into our system.  You may also elect to spend some of your hour "strolling," without amplification, around the grounds.  We can discuss that onsite.

      In addition to your fee, your group would be welcome to join us early or hang around later, and you are free to enjoy food and beverage.

      Here are the questions I'd have for prospective groups:

      * Is your group available?  Which hour would you prefer?  (Right now 2:00 p.m. is the only hour booked)

      * What would your fee be for this event?

      * Do you have some patriotic tunes on your list?

      Please let me know at your earliest convenience, and thanks!  If you have a group that can't do this, but you could pass the word on to another group, your help would be greatly appreciated.

      Michael Hume

      (303) 478-8702

      PS, I'm aware of the big gathering in Nashville... and that there's some big gathering of barbershop groups every year on July 4... so far we've managed to get a quartet every year since the start of this event in 2000, so I figure there must be somebody out there who'll take my money....

      :)

    • Michael Hume
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 19, 2008
        Hi everybody,

        RE: below email... we've got a group!  Thanks....

        Michael Hume