Face - Soiled Dove THURSDAY, and more VOCO info!

  • Face (Mark Megibow)
    Message 1 of 1 , May 27, 2008
      Hi everyone!

      Hope you all had fantastic Memorial Day weekends! We got to play at a high school graduation party, a wedding in Steamboat, and of course the Boulder Creek Fest. We were so honored and amazed that so many of you came out and stuck it out with us in the pouring rain. It made it that much more fun for us - thank you one and all!

      For more summer fun, check out our calendar: www.FaceVocalBand.com/calendar.html

      We had a treat yesterday, too. For those of you familiar with our version of River Runs Slow, it was originally written and performed by Sonia Dada. Paris Delane, one of the Sonia Dada singers, was at the Band Shell yesterday, heard our show, and introduced himself afterwards. It was a special moment for us. As many of you know, River Runs Slow is one of the first songs we learned nearly 7 years ago.

      SOILED DOVE UNDERGROUND - THURSDAY
      For those of you who missed us because of the rain, come hear us at The Dove THIS THURSDAY. It’s quickly launched itself into one of our favorite places to play, and once you go you’ll see (and hear) why.

      There are still tickets available here: www.SoiledDove.com

      FACE w/ MOIRA SMILEY AND VOCO at BOULDER THEATER
      This will be a concert for the ages (OK we’re biased, but we just love the VOCO ladies)! You have the rare opportunity to hear the Harmony Sweepstakes 2007 National Champions AND 2nd place group in one concert. (Also known as: Come hear Face and the group that beat them at Nationals!) -grin-

      What I think makes the concert so special is the broad diversity in music you will hear. VOCO has a very unique sound, completely different from Face’s “all-vocal rock.” They’re very folksy, very earthy, very (dare I say) feminine. Totally different energy, and totally beautiful. And while you will hear their a cappella work, they also perform with cello, banjo, accordion (!!!) - VOCO really is something special and it will be fun to share the stage with them.

      Here are the details. Ticket are now on sale!
      What: Face w/ Moira Smiley and VOCO
      Date: Thursday, August 21
      Time: 7:30 (doors at 6:30)
      Where: Boulder Theater, 2032 14th St