Naturally 7 on Ellen Generes Show Tuesday

    Message 1 of 1 , May 12, 2008
      Hello Colorado A Cappellans,

      We've all followed the rising star of Naturally 7  recently -- more or less to encourage our own Colorado groups that break-throughs are possible if you patiently "bubble up" to the entertainment surface (can't hurt if the 'bubble' includes Michael 'Buble'<g>). The recent "almost appearance" of Naturally 7 with Face here in Denver (remember the bus fire photos?) caused me to put a marker on their progress that resulted in this blurb in yesterday's Google search. You may want to catch them Tuesday on the Ellen DeGeneres Show on NBC, slated for 3pm Mountain Time. Here's what 'the Ellen' has to say:

      "I’m going to introduce you to an amazing singing group that is currently a YouTube sensation. They’re called "NATURALLY 7," and they’ll make their TV debut on my show tomorrow. They use no instruments when they perform, but instead create instrument sounds completely with their voices. They will sing "Wall of Sound" from their CD "Ready II Fly." And you’re going to love them, I promise!"
      And here's the press announcement:

      LOS ANGELES, May 11  /PRNewswire/ -- Naturally 7 will make their national television debut on ELLEN this Tuesday, May 13th! The New York based, award-winning group have been on tour in the US for the past two months, opening for Michael Buble. Following a short break, the entourage will continue on to Australia, the UK and Europe with solo performances at the renowned Montreux Jazz Festival  in July as well as festivals in Canada, this summer.

      The performance comes shortly after their appearance at the NARM (National Association of Recording Merchandisers) Gala Dinner, May 7th in San Francisco. The much coveted opportunity put the group before music and entertainment retailers, wholesalers, distributors, record labels, multi-media suppliers and other music industry professionals.

      The a cappella/vocal play* group did not disappoint. In an audience brimming with industry leaders who have 'seen it all', they quickly rose to their feet, giving Naturally 7 a rousing standing ovation!

      It has been a remarkable year and a half for the NY based group. Since the fall of 2007 and the start of the Buble tour, they have performed for over 1.2 million people in Europe, Canada and the US, receiving rave reviews night after night. The Florida Times Union called them "simply superb". The Fort Worth Star-Telegram labeled them "sensational". The Vancouver Province declared they "dazzled the crowd with seemingly supernatural a cappella".

      Since Naturally 7 first took to the stage in 1999, the group has evolved from a cappella to vocal play - combining their award winning harmonies with the ability to also vocally replicate instruments, giving them a unique and respected place in the music world. Their "Wall of Sound" You Tube video continues to confound and amaze!

      Seeing is believing.

      * Note: How about a new CASA definition? "Vocal play is the technique of interpreting/expressing/reproducing the sounds and styles of traditional musical instruments with skilled application of a vocal-only source." Check with Deke Sharon, m-pact and our own Groove Society for great examples.

      Rol Sharette
      Boulder, Colorado
      303 413 8774 (Colo)
      888 949 2857 (US)