Face - May concerts, August Teaser

  • Face (Mark Megibow)
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2008
      Hi everyone!

      We’ve got some AWESOME shows coming up in May that you should know
      about, plus I’ve got a teaser for an August show that is going to blow
      your mind. That, and the summer festivals start in May, so you should
      have a number of options to check us out in the coming months.

      Our calendar:
      http://www.FaceVocalBand.com/calendar.html

      FACE WITH 17th AVENUE ALL STARS
      Two local powerhouses in the a cappella scene team up for an amazing
      show at Boulder’s Dinner Theatre Cabaret Series. For 20 years the All
      Stars have been entertaining Colorado audiences, not to mention
      winning the Harmony Sweepstakes National Championship in 1993. It’s
      been 5 years since these two groups shared the stage - it’s bound to
      be an amazing show!

      For tickets and info:
      http://www.theatreinboulder.com/?site_id=885&page_id=16279&id_sub=16279

      FACE RETURNS TO SOILED DOVE UNDERGROUND!
      Those of you who have been to the “new Dove” in Lowry know why it’s
      quickly become one of our favorite venues to play. If you haven’t
      been, come see Face there on Thursday, May 29. The sound and lights
      are incredible, there’s not a bad seat in the place, and there’s great
      food, drink, and service.

      For tickets and info:
      http://www.SoiledDove.com

      AUGUST TEASER
      We’re still putting the finishing touches on this August concert, but
      you should pencil in Aug 21 or 22 at Boulder Theater (it will be one
      or the other - still being finalized) for what I believe will be one
      of the most incredible concerts you will see in years. Of course I’m
      biased, but wait until you meet our guests, MOIRA SMILEY AND VOCO. We
      met them at the National Harmony Sweepstakes competition in 2007. As
      you know, we came in 2nd, and this is the group that beat us! Their
      music is simply breathtakingly beautiful in a style all their own, and
      very very different from ours, making for a well-rounded show that
      will be nothing short of extraordinary. Details are forthcoming, but
      in the meantime, here’s an intro to VOCO:

      Moira Smiley & VOCO is a fiery roots vocal band making new song as it
      pulls on roots of Eastern European and Appalachian harmony and rhythm.
      Exquisite vocals - the energy of street singing and the precision of a
      string quartet. Moira Smiley's plaintive, rhythmic songwriting uses a
      lush wall-of-voices - usually accompanied by cello and banjo. The five
      members of VOCO (who've played with artists from Rufus Wainwright to
      Ladysmith Black Mambazo, Peter, Paul & Mary to Pauline Oliveros) bring
      their joyous, improvisational energy to the stage with original song,
      body percussion, a cappella shape-note sets and even Bartok.

      Face and VOCO at Boulder Theater. Get it in the calendar and I'll let
      you know when it's finalized and tix are available.

      Cheers! - Mark

      Mark Megibow
      Business Manager
      Face