2008 Mile High Vocal Project

  • Tony Huerta
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2008
      Hello all Colorado Vocal Groups!!!
      Big News!!!
      Sonic Audio Productions and Colorado Acappella are pleased to announce the groups for the 2008 Mile High Vocal Project.

      The auditions were all so good and we had a hard time choosing not only the content but the talent!  Again, the audition process not only looked at the talent level of the group but song style.  Each "like" group was judged based on the other participating groups.  Diverse song selection was also a determining factor for the project.  for example, if two college groups sang the same style of music, the group with the better sound (tuning, blend, etc...) was chosen.  If an auditioning group did something totally unique, although their sound might not be as tight as another group, they might have been chosen.

      Here is the current line-up in order from High School to Professional:
      Please contact Tony immediately for setting recording sessions if you haven't already...

      Air Academy HS "Out of the Blue"
      Cheyenne HS "Crimson"
      Denver University "Idiosincrasies"
      CU "Mile 21"
      CU "Extreme Measures"
      United States Air force Academy "In The Stairwell"
      "Face"
      "Groove Society"
      "Nexus"
      "Ignition"
      "40th Parallel"
      "Sound of the Rockies"
      "Denver A Cappella Project"
      "Ars Nova"

      These listed groups have definitely been chosen to represent Colorado on this CD.
      Remember, we will be doing this every year.

      Still, there is room for 2 more college groups!!!  If you are a collegiate group and still interested in auditioning, please let me know ASAP.
      Resonant Ramblings and In The Buff have auditions set.

      Thank you to all of the auditioning groups!!  We would like to set an audition with you again next year.

      Tony Huerta
      Sonic Audio Productions
      Take 6 Sound Engineer
      (303) 668-7229 Mobile
      (303) 778-0370 Studio
      tony@...
      http://sonicaudiopro.com

      &

      Andrew Hoag
      President
      Colorado Acappella
      www.coloradoacappella.com

      Express yourself with gadgets on Windows Live Spaces Try it!