A new a cappella organization is joining the Colorado community

  • coloradoacappella
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 18, 2008
      To the Colorado a cappella community,

      With your help, the new organization, Colorado A Cappella, is going
      to change how vocalists, vocal percussionists, sound techs, fans and
      families interact with "all-vocal" music in our state.

      If you have not yet heard of Colorado A Cappella, we are a new
      organization that has transformed the way college singing groups
      function and interact with each other and the larger music
      community.

      In the past year, we have hosted the 2007 Colorado Vocal Conference,
      the Holiday Showcase at CU Boulder, and we are now sponsoring the
      Mile High Vocals Project, funded and recorded by Tony Huerta at Sonic
      Audio Productions. In the upcoming year, we are hoping to expand our
      scope in the community to include relationships with high school and
      professional level singing groups and organizations.

      The purpose for this message is to let subscribers to the
      <colorado-acappella> message board know about our recently developed
      website.

      Within the website www.coloradoacappella.com, we have dozens of
      features including a calendar, a music store, and an "all a cappella"
      forum. We hope that you will utilize these extremely valuable web
      tools and that our website will become a vital resource for singers
      and groups in Colorado.

      A "Forum" is different than the message board you are using here,
      because it involves its subscribers in active discussions on various
      topics of interest involving a cappella. The forum can be very useful
      in that questions can be answered by any subscriber. You will get
      However, the point is that this forum encourages a dialog that has
      previously been reserved for after show bar talk and sound booth
      squabble.

      Simply sign up for a user name and password, and you can access your
      Colorado-specific a cappella discussion from any computer at any
      time. If you have something to add to a discussion, you need not be
      shy; you can make your opinion heard. The best way to develop a close
      community of a cappella singers and fans is to encourage dialog.
      Let's open up this dialog to more people and encourage those not yet
      involved to make their voices heard as well.

      You can access the "Colorado A Cappella Forum" directly by going to
      http://www.coloradoacappella.com and clicking on the "forum" link.

      Thanks!

      http://www.coloradoacappella.com

      Andrew Hoag