This Week In A Cappella

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2008

      Hello Colorado A Cappellans!
      This is great news! CASA, after much experimentation, has launched a new information service that provides you with news and ideas in the A Cappella World that you will likely find useful and interesting. I am very excited to introduce this to our Colorado a cappella singers and fans and I hope you will find it useful. Links below will take you directly to CASA items of interest, actually pages in www.casa.org, where you will find resources and casual information on the national and international scene and occasional notes from right here in Colorado. For the next few weeks I will forward this to our message board members at colorado-acappella@yahoogroups.com. By linking to CASA, you can eventually choose to receive your own handy digital newspaper from CASA itself. -- Rol Sharette

      This Week in A Cappella
      February 6th, 2008

      Latest Articles

      Ladies and Gentlemen, the President of CASA!
      By

      With so much talk about the next US President and countless Obamas, Clintons, McCains, and Romneys floating about, you may have forgotten that CASA has recently held its own election. The annual election of the CASA Board of Directors was held in January. I took a few minutes of the new President's time to let him tell you about why he should be.. er..uh.. IS the President. New Pres, congrats! Are you excited? Scared? Yes. Excited and scared. This is a tremendous time to be involved with CASA. We have worked to bring together the a cappella community for well over a decade now, and we're proud of those efforts. At the same time, there is so much more we can be doing. I expect to see big changes in CASA over the next several months and years. It's not going to be easy, but we're going to have a good time along the way!  [ Read More ]

      This is a great time to be a musician
      By Barry Carl

      This is a great time to be a musician. True, the general economy is in the toilet, unemployment is rising, your palatial home is now worth fifty cents and you can�t fill your car�s gas tank for less than fifty bucks. On the other hand, you can record an entire album in your loo using your laptop and release it over the internet without having to get into bed with a record label. The artist currently known as Prince figured it out a while back. If he could sell his own record for twenty bucks a pop, he�d make more money � lots more money � selling lots fewer records than if he made a record for a label, which might give him twenty cents per record sold, minus all of their bogus give-backs.  [ Read More ]

      A Cappella singers help raise $500 with 1st 'Fil-Anthropy'

      In a fusion of cultural expressions, students danced, played African drums and sang a cappella to raise money Saturday night to improve education in the Philippines. Kaibigan, Northwestern's Filipino student association, put on Fil-Anthropy 2008, its first ever philanthropic event, featuring performances by Boomshaka, Fusion, Brown Sugar, Graffiti Dancers, Tonik Tap and African Drum and Dance Ensemble . There was also a spoken word piece by Communication students Liezl Rivadelo and AJ Aguado. Angela Chang, co-president of Kaibigan, said she was pleased with the show's 90 attendees. Read the full story here.  [ Read More ]

      Other Recent News

      Upcoming Events