Sound of the Rockies Announcements

  • Randy
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 16, 2007
      Sound of the Rockies Announcemen
      Sound of the Rockies has had an exciting summer and there are some great a cappella concerts featuring the chorus coming up!
      To view the web announcement please visit: http://soundoftherockies.com/Announce.htm

      Sound of the Rockies
      Announcements and Upcoming Events

      Sounds of Hope ConcertFestival of GivingSound of the Rockies Holiday ConcertSound of the Rockies CDsJoin Sound of the Rockies

      Sound of the Rockies Places Third in International Barbershop Contest!

      It was an exciting summer for Sound of the Rockies.

      Click for larger image
      Photo by Steve Zimmermann (www.zphoto.biz)

      On July 7, 2007 Sound of the Rockies placed third in the Barbershop Harmony Society International Chorus Competition that was held in Denver Colorado.  The contest set (video, listen) was an audience favorite and featured Colorado My Home written by Meredith Willson for his Broadway play, The Unsinkable Molly Brown.

      Not to be outdone, Storm Front placed third in the Quartet Contest and three other chapter quartets did very well!
      Ignition! placed 12th, Nexus placed 19th, and Mojo placed 26th.

      Friday, October 26, 2007- 7:30 p.m. - Sounds of Hope Benefit Concert
      At the Orchard Road Christian Center, 8081 East Orchard Road • Greenwood Village (map)

      Sound of the Rockies  will join the Notre Dame Glee Club for an evening of spectacular
      a cappella harmony in a benefit concert for the Ara Parseghian Medical
      Research Foundation
      .

      This is the chance of a lifetime to see two of the best men's a cappella choruses in the world together in the same concert.  Both groups will perform separately and then will join voices - over 160 strong - for several numbers.

      The Notre Dame Glee Club is recognized as one of the finest all-male collegiate choral groups in the country and has a rich history of singing and brotherhood spanning the last ninety-two years. More than 2,000 young men have sung with the Club over the years, combining the rich traditions of Notre Dame with the highest standards of artistic excellence.  The Glee Club has toured from coast to coast and around the world, and performs over one hundred concerts a year.

      Ara Parseghian was the legendry Notre Dame football coach from 1964-1974 (Ara's Era) compiling a 95-17-4 record.  He founded the Ara Parseghian Medical Research Foundation after losing three grandchildren to the neurodegenerative disease, Niemann-Pick Type C (Listen to Ara Parseghian's invitation to the Sounds of Hope Concert).

      Tickets - $20 in advance, $25 at the door.  Order your tickets online or contact Bob Kelley at 303-981-5446 or by email at gleeclubsings@...

      Saturday, November 17, 2007- 5:00 to 9:00p.m.  - Festival of Giving at Southwest Plaza Mall - West Bowles Ave. at South Wadsworth Blvd. (map)

      A fun-filled evening for the whole family to start your holiday season.  The Festival of Giving includes; shopping specials, entertainment (including two shows by Sound of the Rockies - tentatively scheduled at 6:00 and 7:30), food sampling, gift wrapping, visits with Santa, and much more.

      Tickets - $5 donation; Purchase from chorus members or at the doors.
      The $5 donation directly benefits Sound of the Rockies!

      Saturday, December 8, 2007- 2:00 p.m. & 7:30 p.m. - Sound of the Rockies Annual Holiday Concert
      Gates Concert Hall at the Newman Center for the Performing Arts, 344 E Iliff Ave, Denver (map)

      Take a break from the season's hassles and brighten the Holidays for the entire family with the gift of harmony.  Experience the cheer, the anticipation, the magic, and the miracles of the season, brought to life by the 110 voices of the Sound of the Rockies.  Details here.

      Season Tickets are now available for the 2007 Holiday Concert and the 2008 Spring Concert.  Single-show tickets for the Holiday Concert will be available on October 29th.  Ticket Hotline 303-993-3501

      Goodbye World Goodbye When I Lift Up My HeadGreat DayDeep River

      Order a
      Sound of the Rockies CD
      online today for yourself or as
      a gift for someone special.
      CDs are also available
      at all shows.
      (click on an image and listen to a clip)

      Goodbye World Goodbye When I Lift Up My HeadGreat DayDeep River
      I'm Gonna' SingNeXus - Gospel MedleyIgnition! - I'll Fly AwayStorm Front - There's Gonna' be the Devil to PayIgnition! - Mary had a BabyNeXus - 50 Kilowatt TreeStorm Front - O Holy NightDAP - Let it Snow
      Keep up-to-date on Sound of the Rockies events and announcements.

      If you would like to add your name, home address, and e-mail address to the Sound of the Rockies contact list, or need to update your information, please visit our Mailing List page.

      If you love to sing, if you love great harmony, and if you would enjoy participating in memorable performances (both in shows and at contests) we invite you to visit a chorus rehearsal, join members on the risers, and participate in making some remarkable music.  All rehearsals are open to the public and you are welcome, whether you are interested in joining or would just like to sit back and listen.  If you know a singer, please forward this invitation to them.