Highlights from the Colorado Music Association Newsletter

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2007
      COMA has a meeting coming up and CVJS is a member organization. You're welcome to sit in as a CVJS rep. Let me know if you wish to so I can put your name on the list as a "member orgn rep."

      Next Meeting:

      Monday, September 17, 2007 - at JAZZ @ JACK’S,  - 7:00 to 9:00 p.m, 500 16th Street, Suite 320 (Denver Pavilions Shopping Mall). Parking available under the center or on the street (check those parking meters out carefully!)

      Elections will also be held for the COMA board. If you are interested in running, please contact Barb Dye at president@....

      VERY SPECIAL GUEST - JOCK BARTLEY OF *FIREFALL* -
      “THEN & NOW”
      www.firefall.com
      The topic of Mr. Bartley’s discussion will be on the differences in the music business from when Firefall first made it to the top of the charts back in the ‘70's and now, and the issues that are still basically the same in spite of the internet!

      At this time, FIREFALL’s best known songs are “You Are The Woman”, “Just Remember I Love You”, “Strange Way”, “Cinderella”, “So Long”, “Sweet and Sour”, “Mexico”, “Livin’ Ain’t Livin”, and “Goodbye, I Love You” – which still get airplay on many radio stations across the world.

      [Partial bio: Read more at FIREFALL.COM] JOCK BARTLEY is known for his melodic, tasteful and fiery lead guitar style, influencing many rock and country rock guitarists.

      * * * * * *

      COMA’S BUSINESS PARTNER OF THE MONTH:

      Okay, so you've just about finished editing your great new CD at Sonic and have several options for how to get professional and attractive copying and packaging for the CD as soon as possible. How about this?

      Betcha all didn’t know that Colorado has its very own CD/DVD replicating company, didja? Have you been sending your recordings off back east or to Czechoslovakia for duplication? Before you do that again, check out CODA first: www.coda-inc.com

      Not only are they a Colorado-based business, and very music friendly and oriented, they’re so close you can actually go pick up your finished product and not have to depend on some delivery service to get them to you in time for your CD release party!! Ask for Erika in sales... she’s “customer friendly” and will be glad to help you get your CD out in time or e-mail her at sales @ coda-inc.com

      * * * * *

      OCTOBER GENERAL MEETING: Topic of panel discussion will be on “My Group Has Got Its Music Recorded – WHAT NEXT??!!” Monday, October 22nd.

      Rol Sharette
      Boulder, Colorado
      888 949 2857