Song class with Bongo Love (band from Zimbabwe) on Sunday, 6pm.

  • Lisa Seaman
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 26, 2007
      Bongo Love, a band of 4 young men from Zimbabwe, is in town this week!
      They are offering a song class next Sunday, August 1. We'll probably
      do 1 or 2 songs, a capella, Zimbabwean style. The rhythms are
      captivating, yet challenging for us Americans. This makes it very fun!

      Sunday.
      * 6-7:30pm, song class at Chatauqua Park (9th and Baseline), east side
      of the park, near the playground. Cost $15.
      * 7:30-9pm, Casual picnic afterwards. Bring your own food and/or
      something to share. Questions? Email lisa.seaman@....

      More info on Bongo Love: http://www.bongolovemusic.com/

      Other Bongo Love events this week:
      Thursday
      * 6-8pm Old Town Square, Ft. Collins. Free. Donations welcome. CDs
      for sale.

      Saturday
      * 12:30-2pm - Boulder Market (where MontBell and Banana Republic used
      to be), Pearl and Broadway. Free. Donations welcome. CDs for sale.
      * 4-6pm - live on the radio on KGNU
      * 7:30-9pm - Boulder Market again, Pearl and Broadway, in the old
      MontBell store. Free. Donations welcome. CDs for sale.

      ps - there is another guy named Bongo Love in Boulder. This band is
      not that guy.

      pps - sorry my announcement for the choral workshops with Sheasby
      didn't transmitted until it was too late. We had a great time. I'll
      try to remember to announce it earlier next year.
    • Michael Hume
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 26, 2007

        Greetings, Acapellicans!

        We are seeking a Barbershop Quartet for a one-hour paid gig on the Fourth of July.  Here are the particulars:

        Event: Holly Hills Neighborhood Fourth of July Block Party (8th annual)

        Where: 2500 block of South Krameria (near Yale/Monaco), Denver

        Date: Wednesday, July 4, 2007

        Time: 12 noon to 5 p.m. (one hour ANYWHERE within that time, preferably 1-2 p.m. but quite flexible)

        Other particulars:

        • The event typically has featured a male quartet, but any barbershop quartet will do
        • Singers are welcome to join the party (food and beverages)
        • Audience will range from 25 to 150 people, depending upon which hour you take.  The audience is always very appreciative but it is hard to tell when the crowd will “peak” at this informal gathering.  1-2 p.m. is often a peak hour
        • Sound system is provided; you may stay in one place amplified or “stroll” around, or both
        • Singers paid in cash at the party
        • Your group will be one of a variety of performers at the party, together covering five hours
        • Some patriotic selections preferred, but you are not required to do an entire hour of patriotic material
        • Very fun gig!

        Please respond ASAP…

        Michael Hume

        hume@...