Fw: Face Wins the Sweeps - at Redfish TONIGHT!

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2007

      Hi everyone!

      We're going toSan Francisco !!!

      We're so happy and proud to announce that we had a strong show at the Rocky Mountain Harmony Sweepstakes. We are now the 2007 Regional Champions and get to represent our region in the National Finals on May 5 in California ! Thanks to everyone who came out to support us!

      One of our immediate rewards is getting to perform at Redfish Sunday night (TONIGHT!) at 7 pm. We hope a ton of you can make it out to help us celebrate. The details are below, but first, here's the list of honors we received at the competition:

      INDIVIDUAL AWARDS
      Best Original Arrangement: our Ryan Driver, for "Home"
      Best Soloist:  our Ryan Driver, for "Home"

      GROUP AWARDS
      Best Stage Presentation
      Audience Favorite (we LOVE this one!)
      2007 Rocky Mountain Regional Champions

      The show as a whole was great. There were a bunch of new groups that only had a few performances under their belts (some debuted at the concert) and they rose to the occasion. Curious Gage, our great friends from up north in Ft. Fun , were awesome hosts and put on a good show as the judges deliberated. And the audience was, as always, very receptive.

      Here are the details for the show tonight in Boulder . There will be other groups from the competition there as well and we will be happy to share the stage, so you'll get to hear some variety as well.

      What: Face's Championship Celebration
      Date: SUNDAY, April 1
      Time: 7:00 pm
      Where: RedFish Brewhouse
      Address: 2027 13th St (just north of Pearl St Mall in Boulder , CO )
      Cover: $5

      Cheers! – Mark Megibow from an excited “face”

      > Mark Megibow
      > Business Manager
      > Face
      > 720-771-6275

      href="http://www.FaceVocalBand.com">www.FaceVocalBand.com
    • Mister Tim
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2007
        Not to forget that there were other groups at the Sweeps -

        ;-)

        Rocky Mountain Harmony Sweepstakes results
        March 31, 2007 Denver, CO

        1st - face (www.facevocalband.com)
        2nd - Vocality (www.vocalitysingers.com)

        Deke Sharon Best Arrangement Award - Ryan Driver, face, "Home"
        Jeff Harris Best Original Song Award - Tim Jones, Vocality, 9:15
        Wes Carroll Best Vocal Percussion Award - Matt Murphy, Placental
        Armageddon (www.placentalarmageddon.com)
        Jerry Lawson Best Soloist Award - Ryan Driver, face, "Home"

        There were also great performances from Westminster High School's
        Raging Harmonies, UCD 7 from the University of Denver, Plumbers of
        Rome (www.plumbersofrome.com), Placental Armageddon, and local gospel
        group Cross Examined (www.crossexamined.com)

        Thanks to the judges, who were great, the producers, who did a bang-up
        job, hosts Curious Gage, who were classy as always, and to the great
        audience.

        For those who attended - what did you think of the show/groups?

        Thanks for a great night of performing!

        Tim