307What it's all about

  • rjsharette@prodigy.net
    Mar 4, 2003
      Hello Colorado A Cappellists,

      I received the following this morning from Robin Tyson, second string countertenor (not sure he would like that<g>) in the King'singers. Last Thursday's concert was wonderful as always and I know those of you in the audience and the 50-60 who attended our CVJS party following were "lifted musically" by it.

      The Wizards had fun doing a couple of songs for the guys as we have so many times before over the last 20 years, and the party was ever so much better for the presence of Boulder's "3-Story Limit" who provided some great entertainment for the crowd. (KS loved them.) The "Celestial" gifts Robin refers to were the assorted and inscribed boxes of Boulder's own Celestial Seasoning tea we gave them to tide them over. After all, what's an Englishman without his tea? Then they sang us a very pleasing closing tune. Wish you all could have been there.

      Rol Sharette
      program director
      Colrado Vocal Jazz Society
      Dear Rol,

      Now we are on the verge of flying back home, I'm casting my mind back to the highlights of this trip, and of course the Denver Afterglow is one of the biggest!  It was so great to be able to eat after the show, and hear what the Wizards and others are up to.  Thanks ever so much for fixing the whole thing up again, and for our Celestial gifts!!

      We all hope it is not too long before we meet up again.

      Best wishes to you and Bev

      Robin

      Thanks, Robin,

      Well, as usual, you beat me to the computer. Our little party was a lot of fun for us, and we look upon it as an imposition on your time and energies, but . . . it's just too much fun not to do.

      The concert was, as to be expected, exciting and inspiring. It's always good for us amateurs to experience the skills and excitement, the controlled intensity and the inspiring intonation of the world's foremost a cappella ensemble. We all will benefit from your example, both as performers and as real people we can respect and admire.

      I will do a search of the Denver Post and the Rocky Mountain News to see if I can locate any reviews to forward. If you recall, last year the Post review was very complimentary, remarking that your performance at Macky was "unforgettable," a "kaleidoscopic tapestry of musical wit, beauty and unparalleled distinction."

      This year was all that and more for us privileged ones. We look forward to the next one.

      From all the Wizards and other avocational singers who basked in your radiant sounds,

      Rol