Romare Bearden

  • pattyxclentcouk
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2003
      I was just surfing Amazon.com for "collage" and came across Romare
      Bearden's wonderful collages. Does anybody know about his works? I'd
      like to research him more!

      Patty
      Surrey
      England
    • loel barr
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2003
        There is currently a big show of Bearden's works at the National Gallery in
        Washington DC. Check out www.washingtonpost.com

        and--

        http://www.nga.gov/exhibitions/exhibits.htm#sounds

        > From: "pattyxclentcouk" <patty@...>
        > Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 16:30:04 -0000
        > To: collage@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: [collage] Romare Bearden
        >
        > I was just surfing Amazon.com for "collage" and came across Romare
        > Bearden's wonderful collages. Does anybody know about his works? I'd
        > like to research him more!
        >
        > Patty
        > Surrey
        > England
        >

        > The International Museum of Collage, Assemblage and Construction
        > http://www.collagemuseum.com/
        > -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
        > Freshdot Domain Name Registrations
        > transfers $7.75 for .com, .net and .org -
        > OUR DOMAIN NAME SUPPLIER IS RUNNING A SALE
        > $5.95yr. FOR .BIZ AND .US THROUGH MAY thru SEPT, 03!!!!
        > Freshdot.com Web Hosting Service
        > Host 10 domains on one account for $12.95mo (USD)24/7 live support
        > http://web-hosting.freshdot.com/

      • Denise Enslen
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 1, 2003
          Hi
          Funny you asked about him as I just found out about
          this artist. There was a long article and pictures of
          his collages in a recent magazine which I forgot the
          name..will look it up for you. Also mentioned was an
          exhibit of his work in Dallas in 2004. I gave all that
          info to a colleague of mine that does collage and go
          to Dallas a lot.
          I have to go to his site. Never done it. I admired the
          little bit I saw in the magazine.
          Denise at http://www.geocities.com/agneau_99

          --- pattyxclentcouk <patty@...> wrote:
          > I was just surfing Amazon.com for "collage" and came
          > across Romare
          > Bearden's wonderful collages. Does anybody know
          > about his works? I'd
          > like to research him more!
          >
          > Patty
          > Surrey
          > England

          =====
          Please visit my collage site at:
          http://www.geocities.com/agneau_99

          http://shopping.yahoo.com
        • moody275
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 5, 2003
            Hello everyone. This is my first time posting. I've been a
            lurker/learner awaiting an opportunity to contribute.

            There is an art gallery in Harlem (New York) called Essie Green
            Galleries where you can find out more about Bearden. Romare Bearden
            was a friend and mentor of the gallery's founder Essie Green-
            Edmiston. The gallery has many works by Bearden that she received
            directly from the artist.

            The gallery also carries the collages of another master collage
            artist Allen Stringfellow.

            You may want to contact them as they have biographical information on
            these artists.

            Email me off list if you need more information.

            moody275