Mod Podge

  • tallskinny@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2003
      Has anyone used a product called "Mod Podge matte-mat"? If so, what are the
      long-term properties of the product?

      Thanks in advance,

      -jb
    • lahra2000@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2003
        I really like Mod Podge, both the matte and glossy. I have used it on
        collage, but I can't really say how it holds up long term. I have some collages
        which are 5-6 years old and they look fine, but who knows what they will look
        like in a hundred years, if anyone cares(LOL)
        Lahra
      • BarbaraKirby
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 1, 2003
          Barb wrote
          I've used and like it altho I don't know it's long-term resilience.

          > I really like Mod Podge, both the matte and glossy. I have used it on
          > collage, but I can't really say how it holds up long term. I have some
          > collages
          > which are 5-6 years old and they look fine, but who knows what they will look
          > like in a hundred years, if anyone cares(LOL)
          > Lahra
        • cat botch
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 2, 2003
            tallskinny,
            I used Mod Pode back in the ' 60s. It was big when decoupage was "in"! If it is still around, it must have a following. Resembles liqutex medium, but I believe it cost more and isn't as thick. Sorry, I don't have anything from then- gave it all away- flower power and peace baby, etc. Try manufacturer, they are required to give all known details to artist for quality and health regs. Past several years when you make an order through a school they are automatically sent.

            Donna Engstrom,
            Liked your work on banner.
            How do you adhere pieces in your work? The detail photos show there is more to an area then the overall photo reveals. What materials did your elements consist of on the work?
            I did a banner several years ago using transfers, stitching, paint and gloss medium on a sheeting. It was for outdoors -art festival 9' x 4', so it needed to be weatherproof. Won Sponsor's Choice. Like to try some new techniques to incorporate on another piece.
            Cathy
            tallskinny@... wrote:
            Has anyone used a product called "Mod Podge matte-mat"? If so, what are the
            long-term properties of the product?

            Thanks in advance,

            -jb

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
            The International Museum of Collage, Assemblage and Construction
            http://www.collagemuseum.com/
            -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
            Freshdot Domain Name Registrations
            transfers $7.75 for .com, .net and .org -
            OUR DOMAIN NAME SUPPLIER IS RUNNING A SALE
            $5.95yr. FOR .BIZ AND .US THROUGH MAY thru SEPT, 03!!!!
            Freshdot.com Web Hosting Service
            Host 10 domains on one account for $12.95mo (USD)24/7 live support
            http://web-hosting.freshdot.com/

            http://www.absolutearts.com/portfolios/c/catbotch www.geocities.com/catbotch/index.html

          • Donna Engstrom
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 3, 2003
              HI Cathy,

              I used Modge Podge to glue down the two large paper collages of the little girls shoes (one was a negative of the other) as well as the words and other paper collage pieces. I over wrote the poem again and again with white colored pencil. The black screen is attached with paper fasteners and eyelets. No stitching but a lot of pieces wired on through the eyelets. Well, actually, the metal washers at the bottom were sewn with wire.

              At the top, I made a fold and bolted the canvas to a thin piece of wood for hanging purposes.

              I have another banner in process where I am using the gel transfer technique - which I like much better than just gluing. The image becomes part of the piece and not just stuck on. Like the idea of stitching - maybe on my next one <grin>. Will upload pictures when it's done.

              Thanks for all your comments.
              Donna