newish software for artist

  • Sharon Navage
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 5, 1999
      Very Important discovery!!!!

      go check out http://www.WorkingArtist.com great price!!
      this software is for tracking one of a kind and limited edition art - designed by and artist for artist... too cool and very very nice folks..very patient with my questions...the one after this cost around$1000.00 by another company.
    • Ray Esposito
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 5, 1999
        Very Important discovery!!!!

        go check out http://www.WorkingArtist.com great price!!
        this software is for tracking one of a kind and limited edition art - designed by and artist for artist... too cool and very very nice folks..very patient with my questions...the one after this cost around$1000.00 by another company.

        Sharon did not say if she has the software or was just suggesting we take a look at the site. Sharon, if you own it, we would appreciate hearing your thouhgts. I have the software and it is everything an artist needs. Be aware however, it is NOT a gallery software package although I have adapted it to running my gallery and keeping track of my own art. For the price, you cannot go wrong. They are a great bunch and welcome suggestions for updates. I see this program getting better and better in future updates.

        Cheers
        Ray Esposito
      • Sharon Navage
        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 5, 1999
          I do have the soft ware for a 4 days now and have bugged them constantly with email and gotten very prompt helpful answers back. for the price I feel like its great! there are some quirks, but $900 plus was not in my immediate budget and to go from my ten dozen various data bases to this one I find once the art is all enter it is pretty hassle free and they have said they will make several improvements that I suggested(I assume that others have requested as well)
          cheers

          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 6, 1999
            I'd be interested in this software if I didn't already have Access 95 and a database set up already. However, do any of you out there know how I can add an image to each record......I've been trying to figure out how to do it but so far I've only come up with inserting a new field that puts the same image in every record like you would do if you wanted a logo on an invoice for something. Hope this isn't off topic too much.....
            Cheryl
            Longview, TX cdm@...
            View my paintings at http://CherylMcClure.com
            "Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now." .....Goethe

            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 14, 1999
              Very Important discovery!!!!

              go check out http://www.WorkingArtist.com <http://www.WorkingArtist.com>
              great price!!
              this software is for tracking one of a kind and limited edition art
              - designed by and artist for artist... too cool and very very nice
              folks..very patient with my questions...the one after this cost
              around$1000.00 by another company.

              Sharon did not say if she has the software or was just suggesting we
              take a look at the site. Sharon, if you own it, we would appreciate
              hearing your thouhgts. I have the software and it is everything an
              artist needs. Be aware however, it is NOT a gallery software package
              although I have adapted it to running my gallery and keeping track of my
              own art. For the price, you cannot go wrong. They are a great bunch
              and welcome suggestions for updates. I see this program getting better
              and better in future updates.

              Cheers
              Ray Esposito

              Hi Ray: I just checked out the workingartist site. I have a file maker pro
              database that has some custom features but I think the working artist
              software may be better. However, I have a MAC and it seems the program is
              for PCs. Is this correct? Nancy
            • Ray Esposito
              Message 6 of 16 , Jul 14, 1999
                Hi Ray: I just checked out the workingartist site. I have a file maker pro database that has some custom features but I think the working artist software may be better. However, I have a MAC and it seems the program is for PCs. Is this correct? Nancy
                Nancy
                I do not know if they have it for the Mac as the manual does only addresses PC's I think not.
                Someone, I do not know who, wrote that they also had a database set up and it would be too much work to start over. I agree, having been that route on other occasions. But if you have not built a database, than WorkingArtist is for you. It is not without its limitations but all things considered, for the price it is an exceptional program and one I recommend highly. The manual is especially well written and easy to follow for your artists types who are afraid of computer manuals. :-))
                Good luck
                Cheers
                Ray
              • Sharon Navage
                Message 7 of 16 , Jul 14, 1999
                  Re: [collage] newish software for artistI think that you are correct on the mac ... but she did say on the web site that there were some costomer(s)(s) that used it? along with some software that would make it emulate mac? dig through the site?
                  cheers sharon
                  this software is for tracking one of a kind and limited edition art - designed by and artist for artist... too cool and very very nice folks..very patient with my questions...the one after this cost around$1000.00 by another company.
                • Pollycrieff
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jul 14, 1999
                    Hi there
                    Thought you might like to know - I purchased this software and I find it great stuff - just what I needed - but I downloaded the trial version from their website first andhad a agood look - as I live in the UK I was concerned that there might be difficulties with different zones, currency, etc - couldn't find any by trial, so emailed them direct and couldn't have had more direct help from the 'inventor' herself. Subsequently bought it, and am delighted!

                    Just my half-pennyworth - hope it helps.
                    Pollycrieff
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jul 15, 1999
                      Re: [collage] newish software for artistThanks....I am quite leery of recommending things sometimes...but have found the software very useful and the people involved extremely helpful.
                      cheers The worst part has been entering all the old stuff...which I'd had it several years ago.

                        Message 11 of 16 , Jul 16, 1999
                          Hi Ray: I just checked out the workingartist site. I have a file maker
                          pro database that has some custom features but I think the working
                          artist software may be better. However, I have a MAC and it seems the
                          program is for PCs. Is this correct? Nancy Nancy I do not know if they
                          have it for the Mac as the manual does only addresses PC's I think not.
                          Someone, I do not know who, wrote that they also had a database set up
                          and it would be too much work to start over. I agree, having been that
                          route on other occasions. But if you have not built a database, than
                          WorkingArtist is for you. It is not without its limitations but all
                          things considered, for the price it is an exceptional program and one I
                          recommend highly. The manual is especially well written and easy to
                          follow for your artists types who are afraid of computer manuals. :-))
                          Good luck Cheers Ray

                          Hello Ray. Thanks for the e-note. I contacted Working Artist and found out
                          that Mac users can install Virtual PC software that can read working artist
                          software. I am checking it out. My current file maker pro database is not so
                          complete yet - I would be willing to try another database because this one
                          is really not so expensive and seems to have some really good features.
                          Nancy
                        • Ray Esposito
                          Message 12 of 16 , Jul 16, 1999
                            Hello Ray. Thanks for the e-note. I contacted Working Artist and found out that Mac users can install Virtual PC software that can read working artist software. I am checking it out. My current file maker pro database is not so complete yet - I would be willing to try another database because this one is really not so expensive and seems to have some really good features. Nancy

                            Nancy:

                            Glad it is working out. So far I swear by the program.

                            Cheers
                            Ray
                          • Nancy Egol Nikkal
                            Message 13 of 16 , Jul 21, 1999
                              Hello Sharon - Kathryn has sent me e-notes. I have to check out Virtual PC
                              software that allows my Mac to read the software. Do you know how expensive
                              Working Artist software is? Thanks. Nancy

                              Message 14 of 16 , Jul 21, 1999
                                Re: [collage] newish software for artistI paid 86.95 I believe which included shipping, as I had the CD shipped to me rather than down load the software and also the manual - reading from paper for me is sometimes easier that trying to read online. But, that should be on the website as well..good luck with your mac..I have a friend who just bought a new I Mac...let me know what you have and how it works I'll pass the info on to her
                                cheers Sharon

                                  Message 16 of 16 , Jul 25, 1999
                                    Hi Sharon. I was at the Macworld expo at the Javits Center in NYC this past
                                    Thursday. The first stop (literally right thru the entry) was a site that
                                    was selling the software Virtual PC - so I got it. It's not installed yet,
                                    but, now I really feel I will order the Working Artist software. I'll let
                                    you know how it works out. Thanks again for information. Nancy