OAP

  • Patricia Harrison
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2002
      Hi all. As an American in England.... I find the OAP (old age
      pensioners) queing up at the post office most funny. It IS amazing they
      don't have direct deposit because everybody knows why they are in the
      post office and they are easy targets for crime. It's so predictable
      too....
      if it's Monday, it's OAP queues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      It's just so old fashioned it's almost cool to see too because in a
      couple of years this type of thing won't exist.... and we can say
      "remember when". Wouldn't it be a great collage to make....

      Patty
      Surrey
      UK
    • gornerw
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2002
        You are absolutely right, Patty!!

        As soon as I read your post, I saw a Beryl Cook style image of
        hunched people in profile. Thank you. Next time I'll walk past the
        Post Office, I will take a sketch block with me. Although I will wait
        until the weather improves, I don't want my hands to fall off, they
        are still needed.

        The queing always strikes me as quite sad, to work your whole life
        and then, when you are finally entitled to some support, you have to
        wait for your pennies?

        I hope that you will make that collage and I hope we will get to see
        it!!

        Tu-rey-loo, Wiebke