hello?

  • scarletcrimsonuk
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 19, 2002
      Just joined
      messages end on 25th march, where are you all?
      scarlet
    • kshohio@aol.com
      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 19, 2002
        Good question! I have been doing some work and for the first time ever I'm
        trying marketing it on eBay check out
        http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=860184496

        It was not too hard to set up an account but we'll see if anything sells.
        Dale, I am working on entries for the Bakers Dozen Exchange too!
        Where is everyone else?

      • Kermit Kirby
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 19, 2002
          on 4/19/02 6:34 AM, sherakapod@... wrote:

          > Just joined
          > messages end on 25th march, where are you all?
          > scarlet

          Hi and Welcome, Scarlet!

          I've also noticed the lack of postings. I'm in another art group where
          the posts are coming in by the dozen yet they lack the spirit and
          interest I've found in this group.
          Yesterday I put together an assemblage using fence post wood that had
          been mutilated by termites causing it to have some really interesting
          forms...don't know how it'll turn out when the glue and paint dries.
          I had to clear a surface on which I could work since my studio is a
          real mess. I didn't really clean it up, just moved the stuff around.
          What are you working on?

          Barb K.
        • Michael Ash
          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 19, 2002
            Scarlet,

            Sometimes people get busy in the spring and of
            course Yahoo just changed some things around which is
            making it difficult for alot of people to get messages
            etc.

            Tuatha

            =====
            Veris leta facies mundo propinatur,hiemalis acies victa iam fugatur, in vestitu vario Flora principatur,nemorum dulcisono que cantu celebratur!(The merry face of spring,turns to the world,sharp winter now flees, vanquished;bedecked in various colours Flora reigns,the harmony of the woods praises her in song. Ah!(Carmina Burana)

            http://taxes.yahoo.com/
          • Kermit Kirby
            Message 5 of 17 , Apr 19, 2002
              on 4/19/02 10:06 AM, inacoma242@... wrote:

              > Scarlet,
              >
              > Sometimes people get busy in the spring and of
              > course Yahoo just changed some things around which is
              > making it difficult for alot of people to get messages
              > etc.
              >
              > Tuatha

              Yeah....I'll never understand Yahoo. Do you??

              Barb K.
            • Dale Copeland
              Message 6 of 17 , Apr 19, 2002
                Welcome Scarlet. They're probably all busy in their studios making their
                13 collages for the Bakers Dozen collage exchange.
                (Details on http://outofsight.co.nz/Dale/collage.htm if you're
                interested - there's still time to be part of the fun)
                dale

                --
                Dale Copeland
                Virtual TART http://virtual.tart.co.nz
                Message 7 of 17 , Apr 19, 2002
                  Hi there--

                  I've been in this group for a while now, but I haven't posted much. I've been
                  keeping busy on various art projects--including getting ready for the Baker's
                  Dozen!
                  Is anybody else doing this project for the first time? I think working at a
                  little bit faster pace than usual has really helped me grow--I can see some
                  interesting changes taking place in my own work over a relatively short
                  period of time.

                  :)
                  K. (RagdollPoet)
                • Citylost@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 17 , Apr 19, 2002
                    Hi,

                    I am doing the project for the first time. I started and then hit a "dry
                    spell." I have eight completed, but keep going back, and adding something
                    more! I went to the Dada, Surrealist show at the Legion Of Honor, here in
                    San Francisco. It was very inspiring, and helped get me going again. It's
                    hard to know sometimes when a piece is complete, so I keep a lot of them
                    "open," because who knows when you'll find that special treasure!

                    take care,

                    Mary

                  • blkros
                    Message 9 of 17 , Apr 19, 2002
                      I've got 7 done as of today. This is my first B12, and I started it
                      hoping to break my 3 year block. So far not too bad. I've also got
                      other works in progress (some that don't fit the size restrictions
                      for B12) I'm hoping to post some scans of stuff by the end of next
                      week. I'm, also, in Moonshinelane's dark art swap (was that this
                      group?). And Yahoo has been screwing up posts and email, and groups
                      in general, lately. So it's been a pain in the butt to post. And
                      I've been working on the house. Aargh! Busy, busy, busy.
                      Keith
                    • jamesmichael
                      Message 10 of 17 , Apr 20, 2002
                        on 4/20/02 6:59 PM, collage@yahoogroups.com at collage@yahoogroups.com
                        wrote:

                        >> Just joined
                        >> messages end on 25th march, where are you all?
                        >> scarlet
                        >
                        > Hi and Welcome, Scarlet!
                        >
                        > I've also noticed the lack of postings. I'm in another art group where
                        > the posts are coming in by the dozen yet they lack the spirit and
                        > interest I've found in this group.
                        > Yesterday I put together an assemblage using fence post wood that had
                        > been mutilated by termites causing it to have some really interesting
                        > forms...don't know how it'll turn out when the glue and paint dries.
                        > I had to clear a surface on which I could work since my studio is a
                        > real mess. I didn't really clean it up, just moved the stuff around.
                        > What are you working on?
                        >
                        > Barb K.

                        Yeah, this is weird. I've been receiving daily digests from the Assemblage
                        Artists list I also subscribe to, but I went back in my files and discovered
                        that I haven't received anything from this list since 3/26, just as Scarlet
                        said. What's with that?

                        But since the question was posed as to what's going on, I'm happy to say
                        that my new career as full-time artist is going well, which in my book means
                        that I still haven't run out of tuna fish.

                        Actually, things are very encouraging. I can't remember if I wrote this
                        group about having been launched suddenly into a new commitment when I was
                        fired from my job three months ago. But I have nothing but good things to
                        report. For me it's totally a journey of faith (in God, not myself). My work
                        is not yet selling at the level required for me to abandon tuna for salmon,
                        but great things are happening.

                        Things are selling just enough to bring in a check when needed, and I just
                        had a gallery in Philadelphia take me on, bringing to five the galleries
                        around the country currently showing my work (I, and many other people I'm
                        sure, would have laughed at that prospect when I first started looking for a
                        gallery just three or four years ago). Here in Dallas, I'm occasionally
                        receiving visitors in the gallery I set up in my new studio, selling a piece
                        now and then and seriously considering going that route instead of seeking
                        local gallery representation.

                        But the main point is I'm happier than I've ever been. I'm getting to spend
                        almost all my time doing what I love to do and seem to be approaching the
                        point when I'll be unable to produce enough to take advantage of every
                        opportunity to show my work.

                        I hope that can be of some encouragement to someone.

                        James Michael

                        View collage and assemblage by James Michael Starr at
                        http://www.jamesmichaelstarr.com
                      • Kermit Kirby
                        Message 11 of 17 , Apr 21, 2002
                          on 4/20/02 10:12 PM, jamesmichael@... wrote:

                          > But the main point is I'm happier than I've ever been. I'm getting to spend
                          > almost all my time doing what I love to do and seem to be approaching the
                          > point when I'll be unable to produce enough to take advantage of every
                          > opportunity to show my work.
                          >
                          > I hope that can be of some encouragement to someone.
                          >
                          > James Michael

                          Wow, Wow, Wow.....Congratulations on your wonderful success!
                          It was wonderful to read about your creative journey. I'm
                          sure your post will be very encouraging to many artists on
                          the "road less traveled".
                          God Bless You!

                          Barb K.
                        • Cheryl D. McClure
                          Message 12 of 17 , Apr 21, 2002
                            This is wonderful, James Michael.........not the job loss but the way things
                            are turning out for you. I'm having some financial success right now myself
                            with some sales.....but also not through galleries......through my
                            site.....out of the blue. A large department store wanted 9 paintings for
                            this year for store re-modeling......hoping for more next year. At least
                            it's more than a person would make at minimum wage, 40 hrs. and 52 weeks but
                            certainly not a huge amount of money..........
                            Right now I have two galleries and nothing happening sales wise in either
                            one.........
                            Cheryl
> [...]
                            > local gallery representation.
                            >
                            > But the main point is I'm happier than I've ever been. I'm getting to
                            spend
                            > almost all my time doing what I love to do and seem to be approaching the
                            > point when I'll be unable to produce enough to take advantage of every
                            > opportunity to show my work.
                            >
                            > I hope that can be of some encouragement to someone.
                            >
                            > James Michael

                            > View collage and assemblage by James Michael Starr at
                            > http://www.jamesmichaelstarr.com
                            >

                            > Stop by the Museum Bookstore http://ontologicalmuseum.org/bookgiftshop/
                            > The International Museum of Collage, Assemblage and Construction
                            > http://www.ontologicalmuseum.org/museum/collage/
                            > is sponsored by the International Post-Dogmatist Group
                            > http://www.postdogmatist.com/
                            > TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS GROUP SEND A BLANK EMAIL TO:

                          • scarletcrimsonuk
                            Message 13 of 17 , Apr 22, 2002
                              This sounds lovely
                              i really enjoy wood too

                              scarlet

                              --- In collage@y..., Kermit Kirby <kdgroup@e...> wrote:
                              > on 4/19/02 6:34 AM, sherakapod@b... wrote:
                              >
                              > > Just joined
                              > > messages end on 25th march, where are you all?
                              > > scarlet
                              >
                              > Hi and Welcome, Scarlet!
                              >
                              > I've also noticed the lack of postings. I'm in another art group
                              where
                              > the posts are coming in by the dozen yet they lack the spirit and
                              > interest I've found in this group.
                              > Yesterday I put together an assemblage using fence post wood that
                              had
                              > been mutilated by termites causing it to have some really
                              interesting
                              > forms...don't know how it'll turn out when the glue and paint dries.
                              > I had to clear a surface on which I could work since my studio is a
                              > real mess. I didn't really clean it up, just moved the stuff around.
                              > What are you working on?
                              >
                              > Barb K.
                            • scarletcrimsonuk
                              Message 14 of 17 , Apr 22, 2002
                                o.k i got excited by the mails and didn't et a grip on myself!

                                contrary to my last e-mail i have now done as i was told and followed
                                the link.. duh!

                                so, i get excited?

                                scarlet

                              • thomas.a.rock@dartmouth.edu
                                Message 15 of 17 , Apr 22, 2002
                                  Welcome to Scarlet, and thanks for getting us to speak up again. Good to hear from everyone.
                                  I, too, have been working in my studio - a surge of ideas and energy for a series of work
                                  based on my search for my birth family. And more generally, what do all those
                                  words we use so often really mean? Words like roots, family, motherhood, fatherhood, birth-right.

                                  I am combining collage work with encaustic (wax) and found objects. Mostly found
                                  wood, rusted bits of metal things that someone used sometime, somewhere, and
                                  natural objects such as seed pods and also hawthorns.

                                  It's also spring here in New Hampshire, at last! a time much awaited. So when I'm not in
                                  the studio I'm outside getting the garden ready or walking in the woods looking
                                  for wildflowers and wild animals (lastnight I watched a gorgeous moose for some
                                  time as she munched on some scrumptious spring shoots!). Right now there is an
                                  amazing wildflower in bloom called "bloodroot" that has inspired several
                                  collages. (what a name)

                                  Working on BD pieces, too.
                                  What's everyone else working on? Barb, your assemblage of fence post wood sounds
                                  fabulous. Isn't weathered wood, or metal, just so beautiful?

                                  Thom Rock

                                  Orange, NH
                                • artcolle@aol.com
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Apr 23, 2002
                                    DALE
                                    JE SUIS AU 9 EME SALON INTERNATIONAL DU COLLAGE CONTEMPORAIN QUE J4ORGANISE 0 PARIS JUSQU4AU 29 AVRIL
                                    JE TE E MAIL DE PARIS D4UN CAF2 INTERNETR
                                    AMITI2S
                                    PJ
                                  • artcolle@aol.com