Re: THE DROPLIFT PROJECT: make what you want

  • Scientist Sam
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1 12:45 AM
      Collages can be made out of whatever the artist wants. We are
      bombarded with this advertizing left and right and
      being offered machines that will duplicate all sorts of things visual
      and aural but heaven forbid they should be
      used as mediums by the generation of artists caught in the glut of
      all this.

      Weird how many artists side with Pepsi on this kind of thing - I
      wonder which ones would have argued in favor of
      the corporations 30 years ago. They determine enough of our behavior
      without deciding what our art looks/sounds
      like.

      sam
    • jrt9750@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1 7:20 AM
        In a message dated 7/31/00 8:23:16 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
        honeybee@... writes:

        << Resolution. a four-inch image at 72 dpi doesn't make a great magazine
        cover. >>

        I like the smaller approach to art on the website. Several people have
        wanted to see the work in a larger format on the site but here is choose to
        stay small for the very reason of which we are speaking.

        Personally I think the music companies should sell music online but then I
        would still have to get mine at the brick and mortar store since I have
        neither the time or desire to download a bunch of music and burn my own CD's.
        I had rather be painting. I can grab a CD at Walmart's on the way back from
        the art store. However, it would be nice to be able to pick and choose which
        TV channels I wanted. Then perhaps I could only pay for the 3 or 4 I watch
        instead of all 30 of the others I never watch.

        Ron
        <A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/jrt9750/myhomepage/index.html">Visit Ron's
        Art Page</A>