Re: [collage] Help?????

  • Dale Copeland
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2000
      Hi Art Blue
      Araldite, or another high-strength two-part resin glue is good. Get the
      24-hour version (the 5-minute ones smell unhealthy). They'll glue most
      anything to anything. Except really smooth things like glass, & some
      plastics.
      For the suede back .... difficult to be sure what you've got there, but
      how about covering the back with another layer of fibrous paper or
      material. Glued right over the back, including your folded & stitched
      suede.
      dale
      --
      Dale Copeland
      Virtual TART, at http://virtual.tart.co.nz
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1, 2000
        thank you everyone :)ing in vermont art blue

        pydi@... wrote:

        > Hello blue art,
        > I often use E-6000 glue to adhere such items. It comes in a tube and can be
        > found in most art and hobby stores. Good luck. E.L.
        > art blue wrote:
        >
        > > Dear Cyber Collage and Assemblage Artists This is Art Blue and I am
        > > doing my first assemblage and my question is about glue. I need a glue
        > > that will glue metal to wood, wood to suede, and metal to suede. Any
        > > suggestions would be appreciated. My friend PK says Goop is what she
        > > uses for a multipurpose glue. It sounds messy like a glue gun. She
        > > thinks using Super Glue is a bad idea. I am making a shrine trying to
        > > glue a heavy metal St. Ann statue to a wooden base. Thanks in advance.
        > > Also on the back where I've stitched the suede around the frame is there
        > > any way to cover the thread so it doesn't get torn by poor handling.
        > > Peace to you. Sincerely Art Blue

      • art blue
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 1, 2000
          thanks Dale your a dear. ship of fools was accepted by the jury into the
          show :)ing in vermont art blue

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 1, 2000
            thanks :)