Fluxhibition #4, Fluxface In Space, A Book About Death Update

  • Cecil Touchon
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 1, 2010
      Fluxhibition #4 - the Games Show as well as Fluxface in Space and A Book
      About Death will be opening next Friday Oct. 8, 2010. It is going to be a
      huge show! The Art Center gallery director is getting nervous about the
      massive installation that will be involved. The catalog is close to ready
      but I am going to wait till after the opening so I can include some
      installation photos. We are also going to attempt to video the event. I am
      going to start having to come up with money this coming week as well!

      Fluxhibition #4 Update - expenses

      I am looking at the costs for mounting this show
      -$800.00 for the exhibition space and installation
      -$90.00 for exhibition postcards
      -$50.00 for misc installation costs
      - $300.00 Framing costs
      = $1,240.00 total so far

      + $98.00 current proceeds from catalog sales
      + $250.00 Current donations

      = -$888.00 out of pocket (this is what I need to raise)

      If you would like to help out with the exhibition cost for this show (total
      is around $1,250.00) you can send a few dollars to:
      https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=LF9FNNGXZEHZS

      also the purchase of Ontological Museum Publications books and catalogs from
      previous shows helps a great deal as well: http://www.lulu.com/ontological
      all proceeds are used to help support the museum's projects.

      see inventory blogs here:
      http://fluxhibition04.blogspot.com/
      http://abookaboutdeath-fluxmuseum.blogspot.com/
      http://fluxfaceinspace.blogspot.com/

      Additionally, we have started the process for creating a 501(c)(3) non
      profit corporation and have secured the name Cultural Arts Network with the
      state of Texas (http://www.culturalartsnetwork.org) this will be an umbrella
      corporation under which to function all our projects and groups. We have
      registered with the state and are just waiting on the state documents. Then
      on to the IRS recognition which takes 3-6 months as I understand it.
      We have come up with a very generalized mission statement that goes like
      this: *The Cultural Arts Network is an umbrella organization focused on
      providing a context for creative interaction and association among artists
      of all disciplines and nationalities with an emphasis on emergent global
      culture and international cooperation through a variety of creative projects
      including but not limited to exhibitions, festivals, concerts,
      performancesand publications
      in various media.*

      That's all for now...

      --
      Cecil Touchon, Director
      The Ontological Museum

    • David Hickman
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 1, 2010
        For anyone with a spare couple of minutes,
        I have posted new work at : http://home.earthlink.net/~ibid4/album/

        David Hickman
      • Carolyne Morrison
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 3, 2010
          David,
          These are wonderful! So imaginative and with a wonderful unique point of
          view which is rare these days! Thank you so much for sharing them. I'm
          going to bookmark your website.
          Csrolyne

          On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 4:55 PM, David Hickman <ibid1@...> wrote:

          > For anyone with a spare couple of minutes,
          > I have posted new work at : http://home.earthlink.net/~ibid4/album/<http://home.earthlink.net/%7Eibid4/album/>
          >
          > David Hickman

        • Cathy
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 4, 2010
            Very cool. I love it!

            --- In collage@yahoogroups.com, David Hickman <ibid1@...> wrote:

            > For anyone with a spare couple of minutes,
            > I have posted new work at : http://home.earthlink.net/~ibid4/album/
            >
            > David Hickman

          • Peter ciccariello
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 4, 2010
              Fascinating work David!

              Peter Ciccariello
              --
              http://invisiblenotes.blogspot.com/
              http://uncommonvision.blogspot.com/

              https://twitter.com/ciccariello

              On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 5:55 PM, David Hickman <ibid1@...> wrote:

              > For anyone with a spare couple of minutes,
              > I have posted new work at : http://home.earthlink.net/~ibid4/album/<http://home.earthlink.net/%7Eibid4/album/>
              >
              > David Hickman

            • David Hickman
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 5, 2010
                Hi Peter,

                Thanks very much. . .

                David

                On Oct 5, 2010, at 12:46 AM, Peter ciccariello wrote:

                > Fascinating work David!
                >
                > Peter Ciccariello
                > --
                > http://invisiblenotes.blogspot.com/
                > http://uncommonvision.blogspot.com/
                > http://poemsfromprovidence.blogspot.com/
                > http://uncommon-vision.blogspot.com/
                > You can find my art and writing updates on Twitter
                >
                > https://twitter.com/ciccariello
                >
                > On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 5:55 PM, David Hickman <ibid1@...> wrote:
                >

                > > For anyone with a spare couple of minutes,
                > > I have posted new work at : http://home.earthlink.net/~ibid4/album/<http://home.earthlink.net/%7Eibid4/album/>
                > >
                > > David Hickman

              • David Hickman
                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 5, 2010
                  Hi Cathy,

                  Thanks for saying so. I'm glad you liked it.

                  David

                  On Oct 4, 2010, at 6:49 PM, Cathy wrote:

                  > Very cool. I love it!
                  >
                  > --- In collage@yahoogroups.com, David Hickman <ibid1@...> wrote:
                  > >

                  > > For anyone with a spare couple of minutes,
                  > > I have posted new work at : http://home.earthlink.net/~ibid4/album/
                  > >
                  > > David Hickman

                • Patrick Tierney
                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 5, 2010
                    David:

                    I think the ones where the silhouette of the collage forms an object/image
                    dichotomy.

                    P.T.

                    On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 2:55 PM, David Hickman <ibid1@...> wrote:

                    > For anyone with a spare couple of minutes,
                    > I have posted new work at : http://home.earthlink.net/~ibid4/album/<http://home.earthlink.net/%7Eibid4/album/>
                    >
                    > David Hickman

                  • David Hickman

                      Message 10 of 12 , Oct 8, 2010
                        David:

                        Simple. Some of your works act simultaneously as a "figure" and a "composite
                        of figures" (the collaged parts inside the figure), creating a perceptional
                        flickering between the two, as one can't focus on both at the same time.
                        Sort of like Archimbaldi, but more conceptual.
                        Best,

                        Patrick

                        On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 9:47 PM, David Hickman <ibid1@...> wrote:

                        > Hi Patrick,
                        >
                        > Would you be willing to say more about that?
                        >
                        > David
                        >

                        > http://home.earthlink.net/~ibid4/album/<http://home.earthlink.net/%7Eibid4/album/>
                        > <http://home.earthlink.net/%7Eibid4/album/
                        >
                        > David:
                        >
                        > I think the ones where the silhouette of the collage forms an object/image
                        > dichotomy.
                        >
                        > P.T.

                      • David Hickman
                        Message 11 of 12 , Oct 12, 2010
                          Hi Patrick,

                          Sorry it took so long to reply.
                          Thank you for explaining in more detail. I like what you've said and
                          had not really thought about it quite like that before. . .

                          David

                          http://home.earthlink.net/~ibid4/album/index.html

                          On Oct 8, 2010, at 6:29 PM, Patrick Tierney wrote:

                          > David:
                          >
                          > Simple. Some of your works act simultaneously as a "figure" and a "composite
                          > of figures" (the collaged parts inside the figure), creating a perceptional
                          > flickering between the two, as one can't focus on both at the same time.
                          > Sort of like Archimbaldi, but more conceptual.
                          > Best,
                          >
                          > Patrick
                          >
                          > On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 9:47 PM, David Hickman <ibid1@...> wrote:
                          >

                          > > Hi Patrick,
                          > >
                          > > Would you be willing to say more about that?
                          > >
                          > > David
                          > >

                          > > http://home.earthlink.net/~ibid4/album/<http://home.earthlink.net/%7Eibid4/album/>
                          > > <http://home.earthlink.net/%7Eibid4/album/
                          > >
                          > > David:
                          > >
                          > > I think the ones where the silhouette of the collage forms an object/image
                          > > dichotomy.
                          > >
                          > > P.T.

                        • Patrick Tierney
                          Message 12 of 12 , Oct 15, 2010
                            David:

                            It's the least I can do for a fellow artist!

                            Sincerely,

                            --Patrick