No activity in last 7 days
The focus of this group is the Colgems record label of the 1960s and early 1970s. Although best known as The Monkees' record label, this label, part of RCA, actually had a small stable of artists that featured the likes of Jewel Akens, Rich Little, The Lewis and Clarke Expedition, Sally Field, Sajid Khan, and others. Although the most prominent act on the Colgems label was certainly The Monkees, this eclectic mix of artists made it something of a vanity label, with both teen idols and more established performers calling Colgems home, at least briefly. And then there were the soundtracks: Oliver, Head, and several more were put out under the Colgems name. This site will examine Colgems, looking beyond The Monkees at the other performers that put out singles and albums on this label.
- Dec 12, 2003
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages are not moderated.
- All members can post messages.