Re: [coldwarcomms] Re: Stanfield NC

  • Dexter McIntyre W4DEX
    Message 1 of 41 , Feb 23, 2006
      augustwageman wrote:
      > I wonder who the two people were I saw in that little building. They
      > were wearing street clothes, but didn't look like typical telco or
      > cellular. Kind of strange. I have yet to get back there for further
      > investigating.

      All the telco and cellular guys I have worked with wear normal street
      clothes :) Which building? Both above grade buildings are about the
      same size. You may have seem me.

      Dexter
    • Sheldon Daitch
      Message 41 of 41 , May 5, 2012
        I don't think regular toll trunks always had filters either.

        My mother, long since passed away, could talk down a
        toll circuit in a heart beat, if she got excited and raised her
        voice.  Had it happen many times.

        73
        Sheldon

        BTW 4-Wire AUTOVON trunks had no 2600 blocking filters to prevent spurious
        sounds from simulating SF. I could stand next to someone on an AUTOVON
        call, whistle 2600, and the distant-end switch would terminate their call...