Photos ! AT&T sites in Oregon plus high-seas coast station KLB.

  • w7ki
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 5, 2006
      Here is a handful of current AT&T microwave site photos plus the old
      KLB high-seas coast station. Next on the to-do list will be the old
      GWEN transmitter site in Seneca, Oregon.

      http://www.northwestradio.com/interceptnw/sites.htm

      Enjoy !

      - Rich
    • thesemaphoresloth
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 9, 2006
        Rich,

        Nice to finally see someone else enjoying the former AT&T presence in
        Oregon! Very good photography, I might add. If you're interested, I
        took some shots of the Dayville tower back in 2004 before Mr. Derby
        dehorned it. I understand the site is currently owned by the ranch
        below it...wonder what they use it for?

        Too bad you didn't venture down towards Roseburg/Douglas County. I
        could've shown you two other very nice sites. Say, while you were in
        John Day did you venture down a Telephone Ave. or Rd.? There looked
        like a large microwave radome pointed at the hills, I didn't see if it
        was aimed at the passive repeater.
        ~Billy Myers
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 9, 2006
          I see you also have some excellent photos of the Tule Lake, CA OTH-B radar receiving antenna - list
          members should definitely take a look at them!

          I will add a link to your page from my Cold War Infrastructure site.

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 15, 2006
            Hi Billy,

            I didn't have any time that day to adventure around John Day,
            although next time I'll ask Chuck at the local cable company about
            the microwave out there. He has equipment at a few of the local
            microwave sites.

            Also... A business associate kindly sent me some interior shots of
            the AT&T Maupin microwave site today ! I added them to the page:

            http://www.northwestradio.com/interceptnw/attmic.htm

            I'll make sure to give you a holler next time I'm in Douglas Co. !

            - Rich

            --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, "thesemaphoresloth"