Re: [coldwarcomms] AT&T Stansbury Island, UT microwave station
- That is how I understand it.
on 1/29/06 7:15 PM, James Browne at jamesm.browne@... wrote:
>> The reason, I assume, being to keep reflections in phase and fairly well
>> integrated into the signal beam, correct?
> Jim Browne
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> Yahoo! Groups Links
- You must not be watching the late nite TV ads, you forgot Benzine. ;)
Oh yes, I'm aware "anything" could happen...but I lived a mile and a
half from Love Canal most of my childhood, (16 years) and went to the
schools there, so that's the least of my worries. Like I say, all
appendages and systems are ok at this point, (save physical injuries
like a bad back) but I dont expect to live to 101 in any case..
Actually, to scare everyone, the next big one will be fiberglass,
(the next asbestos).
Fiberglass when viewed under a microscope, is comprised of sharp
pointed glass spears, which when inhaled, puncture the lungs, flow
thru the blood stream, impact brain cells, heart tissue and cause
bleeding when the impact hits a blood vessel. Get ready for this one.
In fact this is so scary, they're avoiding it like the plague. Its
like asbestos on steroids.
Like every house has fiberglass insulation it it, and of course,
theres NO dust from it, is there? Ever sand fiberglass? Car bodies?
Surf boards? Boats?
Be very worried....we wont live forever.
At 12:22 1/31/2006, you wrote:
>There is speculation the harm done from events such as those described[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>by Marc is not immediate, but rather cumulative and it can take years to
>show up and the cause therefore may not be immediately recognizable. If
>one experiences a kidney failure when 80, and the cause was a forgotten
>event 40 years earlier, determining the cause is difficult. Medicine
>usually doesn't bother. Cigarettes and asbestos are the lone
>exceptions. Much classified as safe or trivial is neither. Imagine the
>shock wave to our civilization if someday it is determined any exposure
>to RF or EM energy is bad and should be avoided. Hopefully in the next
>30 years the hand will simply heal and not introduce a bone marrow
>cancer or something more subtle.
> > Its also frequency. Your body reacts differently to different
> > frequencies, some producing more damage than others. Power, power
> > density call it what you desire, but it's the pathological effects on
> > the body that count.
> > You and I are often in fields of many volts per meter. The anti-theft
> > device sensors for example in stores generate a several
> > volt-per-meter field that excites the devices. We allow them to
> > radiate children and infants and its ok because of the frequency,
> > which doesn't appear to harm humans.
> > When you are near a 10db UHF antenna, running 100 watts, from within
> > 3' for example, you are exceeding the OSHA standards for RF, but you
> > won't notice it, even with prolonged exposure. Working on the roof of
> > a tall building with several 100kw FM broadcast plants and gain
> > antennas likewise will generate voltages that will cause a piece of
> > metal to arc. You might get a shock or burn from that piece of metal,
> > should it be near the 1/4 wave length of the broadcast plant
> > frequency, and one end grounded to provide a return path, but it's
> > not going to blind you. (Though Ive had headaches from such exposure)
> > Certain microwave frequencies, like 2 ghz are more dangerous because
> > of the pathology of the human body and the resonance of water which
> > makes up a good deal of same human body. In the 2 ghz case, history
> > showed us microwave technicians at the Empire State building in NYC
> > noticed an abnormally high rate of cataracts in the eyes in the
> > 1950's when microwave equipment they were using up there was poorly
> > shielded. These
> > were using fairly low powers, as equipment at that "extraordinarily
> > high frequency" was inefficient in 1950.
> > 2.4 ghz is used to cook your food in a microwave oven particularly
> > because of its ability to cause heating in the water molecule. Other
> > frequencies have certain characteristics related to both water and
> > the elements that make up our atmosphere.
> > We search for life in space looking for the resonance of hydrogen, we
> > use MRI imaging to see inside the human body, so it can be said with
> > a good deal of certainty, there are resonate points all over the place.
> > When we impress power at the self-resonance frequency of anything we
> > get energy transfer, and you use that theory when you build a dipole
> > antenna for ham radio. You are exciting the aether with a resonate
> > structure, and the guy receiving is likewise attempting to collect
> > that energy with a likewise resonate structure.
> > When a portion of the human body becomes that "antenna" in a strong
> > field you get energy transfer. In the case of the human eye, we've
> > seen the negative effects of long term irritation by a signal in the
> > 2ghz band, and take appropriate measures to protect oneself.
> > Microwaves are sent in waveguides (or coaxial lines) at 2ghz and as
> > well we shield our microwave ovens, and utilize interlocks so they
> > cant be activated with the doors open. The chicken pot pie in the
> > microwave oven is enough evidence to us that we dont particularly
> > want to be exposed to 700-1000 watts at that frequency, even for seconds.
> > We provide no such protection for the majority of radio-frequencies,
> > even multi-megawatt UHF TV stations, because we've found they produce
> > little or no pathological detriment to human life.
> > So yes, its power density, or absorbed power at frequencies that have
> > detrimental effects we worry about, whether its long-term exposure to
> > a 5 watt 2 ghz microwave link, a burst of X-ray's at the doctor's
> > office (you notice the X-ray technicians all wear their lead
> > underwear and dense vests) but we walk around in the RF fields of
> > 50kw broadcast plants for many years with no ill effects, and are
> > exposed to hundreds of thousands of watts for medical imaging on a
> > regular basis. Its all dependant on the frequency and the negative
> > physiological effects on the human body in what we can be exposed to
> > and what might injure us. We certainly eschew the alpha, beta and
> > gamma rays in that portion of the spectrum and certainly not all
> > microwave frequencies are particularly bad for us either. Ive got
> > many RF burns from audio frequencies up thru 10 ghz over the years,
> > and we try of course NOT to burn ourselves, or become part of an RF
> > delivery system but it happens, and with the exception of a few known
> > bad frequencies we know about, we are relatively unscathed for our
> > exposure. All my appendages as of last check were still intact and
> > functioning, even though Ive been exposed to a lot in 40 years of
> > tinkering with RF.
> > Microwave frequencies I wouldn't want a lot of power from are that
> > 2-3 ghz window, the 10 ghz water window as well (fog and mist seems
> > to absorb microwaves at 10 ghz like a sponge, as one of the most
> > painful burns I ever received was from a 5 watt 10 ghz solid-state
> > Harris microwave transmitter. I had cracked the joint to a dummy
> > load, and unknown to me the transmitter was still on. Though I didn't
> > receive any single point of burn, my whole hand felt like it was hot
> > from the inside out, which I believe it was. Since the burn was still
> > a burn, and the only sensors you and I have are at the skin level and
> > not internal, I soaked it in cold water for some time, not knowing
> > how much if any internal damage I did.
> > 5 watts at 10 ghz will certainly get your attention, it did mine.
> > Marc
> >> It's not the xmit power you're worried about; it's the power density.
> >> I'm not sure that ONLY 2 Ghz is worth worrying about.....
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > Yahoo! Groups Links
>Yahoo! Groups Links