AT&T radio relay booklet posted

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 30, 2006
      I've scanned and posted an illustrated 14-page AT&T booklet titled "Radio Relay: A Modern
      Application of a Familiar Principle", describing microwave radio links for the lay reader, using the
      Pony Express as an analogy for radio relay systems. There's no publication date, but the number
      "57136" on the back cover may indicate 1957, which seems consistent with the content:
      http://long-lines.net/tech-equip/radio/RadioRelay57136/FC.html

      Albert
    • Paul Zawada
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2006
        Albert,

        This pamphlet is an updated version of the one I scanned and posted in
        the files section a few years ago. (It's still there under
        "Documents.") It is interesting to compare that one (with "50253" on
        the back) with the one you recently posted. The earlier version shows
        nothing but delay-lens antennas and prominently features the concrete
        towers. The updated version features horn-reflector antennas (though
        delay-lens antennas are shown as well) and depicts steel lattice
        towers. It's amazing how quickly microwave radio technology evolved in
        the '50s.

        --zawada