Re: [coldwarcomms] Re: any info on New Orleans Bell South Bldg...

  • paul rosa
    Message 1 of 22 , Sep 8, 2005
      Regarding the New Orleans telecom situation, last night I was watching a
      BBC News segment about the situation. They filmed a large contingent of
      military forces and police SWAT teams that were about to launch a search
      and destroy mission in a ppublic housing complex there, then went along
      with them as they moved door-to-door. The reason for the mission?
      Techicians were trying to get a Sprint cell site at that locale back in
      service. Every time they would try to climb the tower, snipers would
      open fire. So the mission was to take out the snipers because
      restoration of communications was of extraordinary importance. This
      huge show of force makes the modest security by Bell South to protect
      the fuel for its generators look pretty tame.

      Paul Rosa
      Harpers Ferry, WV

      Bill Smith wrote:

      >Isn't the Coast Guard considered NOT a military organization?
      >
      >Kenneth Coney <superc@...> wrote:The Posse Comitatus Act (18 USC 1385) does *NOT* in any way prohibit the
      >use of the Navy or the Marines for law enforcement, nor does it mention
      >the Coast Guard. Even the prohibitions against the usage of the Army or

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Blake Bowers
      Message 2 of 22 , Sep 8, 2005
        In order to have state arrest authority, investigators and flight leaders
        in the Air Force were often sworn in as State Law Enforcement.

        At times, the on duty investigator would have to be called in,
        just to say the magic words after hours.